Globalization and the Opening of Mexico (President Ernesto Zedillo of Mexico)
- Globaphobes Want to Save Poor from Prosperity. Lukas, Aaron // Business Journal (Central New York);06/23/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p34
Criticizes the efforts of globaphobes in preventing the spread of globalization to developing countries. Positive economic impact of globalization; Aim of globalization to remove trade barriers.
- Globalization: Recipe or Bane? Asad, S. Hasan // Economic Review (05318955);Jul2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p5
Examines the environment for globalization. History and nature of globalization; Economic cooperation or integration as a facet of globalization; Evidence of the globalization of the world economy; Ramifications of globalization; Impact of globalization on Pakistan. INSET: Requisites of...
- Say yes to globalization! Davidson, Larry // Indiana Business Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p64
Presents a word of support for globalization. Economic integration across borders; Role of the World Trade Organization and other similar world organizations in eliminating the problems of globalization; Regional or world adjudication.
- Long-Term Global Prosperity. Agnihotri, Newal K. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p37
Editorial. Discusses the solutions needed to achieve economic globalization among countries. Communication among leaders of different countries; Promotion of economic globalization through education; Participation of religious organizations.
- SHAPING GLOBALIZATION--A CHALLENGE FOR 21st-CENTURY ETHICS AND POLITICS. Kosmicki, Eugeniusz // Dialogue & Universalism;2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p39
Presents the levels on which the phenomenon of globalization may be shaped. Need for a universalist approach to globalization; Rivalry over world markets; Basic developmental factors of a global economy; Regional economic integration; Search for a global ethos.
- DISTORTION OF CAPACITY ON INTER-REGIONAL TRADE OF IMT-GT: STUDY CASES ON FOUR SELECTED PROVINCES IN SUMATRA, INDONESIA. Avianto, Benito Rio // Journal of Indonesian Economy & Business;Sep2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p308
The objective of the paper was to understand the impact of sub regional economic cooperation, known as the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT- GT), on trade sector in Indonesia. The approach of research based on export macro information by provinces and commodities. The method used...
- The FP Quiz. // Foreign Policy;Nov/Dec2008, Issue 169, p30
A quiz about economic and political globalization is presented.
- Foreword. Ramphal, Shridath // Globalisation: A Calculus of Inequality;2000, pvii
A foreword to the book "Globalisation: A Calculus of Inequality: Perspectives From the South" is presented.
- A Tale Of Three Cities. Elliott, Michael // Time International (Atlantic Edition);1/28/2008, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p28
This article compares the cities London, England, Hong Kong, China, and New York City. With the World Economic Forum as his starting point, the author discusses the economic situations of the cities and the countries where they are found. The author proposes that these three cities have helped...