- OUR YOUNG VETERANS. // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 146, April 22, 1914;1/1/1914, p25
The article presents a conversation between a man and a woman regarding the problem of the latter's grandmother who is afraid of being left unmarried.
- Spinning toward salvation: The ministry of spinsters in Harriet Beecher Stowe. Shea, Maura E. // ATQ;Dec96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p293
Presents a critique of Harriet Beecher Stowe's nineteenth century fiction `The Minister's Wooing,' which presented the realistic and pragmatic ministries of certain spinsters as opposed to male ministers' lofty and theoretical approaches. Ideology of Stowe's fictional spinsters; Concept of a...
- SEX & SINGLE GIRLS: STRAIGHT AND QUEER WOMEN ON SEXUALITY (Book). Damsky, Lee // Herizons;Fall2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p47
Reviews the book 'Sex & Single Girls: Straight and Queer Women on Sexuality,' edited by Lee Damsky.
- DON'T let anyone look down on you! // Glamour;Oct2002, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on the book 'Bachelor Girl,' by Betsy Israel, which contains interviews of almost a hundred single women. Ambivalence of unmarried women about their single status; Dissatisfaction of these women with the way they are treated by society.
- Murder On Second Street. Barchers, Suzanne I. // Read;9/12/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p4
The article presents the script for the play "Murder On Second Street," by Suzanne I. Barchers.
- ONE SUNDAY MORNING. // Publishers Weekly;3/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p44
Reviews the book "One Sunday Morning," by Amy Ephron.
- Eleanor & Abel (Book). Donovan, Deborah // Booklist;4/15/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 16, p1451
Reviews the book 'Eleanor & Abel,' by Annette Sanford.
- Lover's Vows (Book). Altner, Patricia // Library Journal;11/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 20, p2253
Reviews the book 'Lover's Vows,' by Joan Smith.
- The woman who waits. // America;6/18/1949, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p356
The article presents the author's views regarding the Catholic spiritual authorship concerning the subject of unmarried women in the U.S. It imparts that the article "Involuntary Celibacy: A Vocation" in "La Vie Spirituelle" in the April 1949 issue is an evidence of concern for spiritual writers...