Arterial blood lactate measurements quickly identified risk for death from paracetamol-induced liver failure
- Measuring arterial blood lactate after paracetamol-induced acute liver failure may improve selection of transplant candidates. Bernal, W.; Donaldson, N.; Wyncoll, D. // Kidney;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p146
Deals with a study which investigated arterial blood lactate measurement for the identification of transplant candidates with paracetamol -induced acute liver failure. Methodology used in the study; Results and conclusion.
- Paracetamol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;5/21/2011, Issue 1352, p30
The article describes the case of an 88-year-old woman who developed liver failure due to paracetamol overdose.
- Paracetamol. // Reactions Weekly;10/1/2011, Issue 1371, p30
The article mentions the case of two patients who developed acute liver failure after paracetamol administration at maximum recommended daily dose.
- Paracetamol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;10/15/2011, Issue 1373, p25
The article describes the case of a 28-year-old woman who developed fulminant hepatic failure after ingesting an overdose of paracetamol.
- Paracetamol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;03/23/2013, Issue 1445, p30
The article presents a case study of an 8-month-old girl who had severe dengue disease (SDD) and developed fulminant hepatic failure (FHF) after receiving an overdose of paracetamol [acetaminophen].
- Large but unexplained variations in paracetamol-induced liver failure among European countries. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jun2015, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p322
The article discusses a study which revealed variations in paracetamol-induced liver failure that leads to liver transplant in European countries.
- Paracetamol. // Reactions Weekly;9/28/2013, Issue 1471, p35
The article presents a case study of an 11-year-old girl developed acute drug-induced liver failure after receiving acetaminophen, paracetamol, for the treatment of cold.
- Serial prothrombin time as prognostic indicator in paracetamol induced fulminant hepatic failure. Harrison, P.M.; O'Grady, J.G.; Keays, R.T.; Alexander, G.J.M.; Williams, Roger // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/27/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6758, p964
Examines the prognostic importance of changes in prothrombin time in patients with paracetamol induced fulminant hepatic failure in London, England. Increase in prothrombin time after overdose; Death of patients with peak prothrombin time; Recommendation of liver transplantation in patients.
- Paracetamol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;6/12/2010, Issue 1305, p23
The article describes the case of a 27-year-old woman who developed fulminant liver failure that lead to cerebral oedema and intracranial hypertension following an overdose of paracetamol.