Children's drawings of headache pain were accurate for diagnosing migraine
- The Future of Migraine: Beyond Just Another Pill. Cady, Roger K. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p397
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the concept of migraine, one on understanding chronic nature of migraine and one on the diagnosis of migraine.
- Migraines and other headaches: An approach to diagnosis and classification. Dubose, C. David; Cutlip, Anne C. // American Family Physician;5/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p1498
Describes a systematic approach to the diagnosis of migraine and gives an overview of the International Headache Society (IHS) headache classification system. Headache classification; Presentation; Types of headaches; Characterization of migraine and other types of headaches; Evaluation;...
- EEG evaluation in children and adolescents with chronic headaches. De Carlo, L.; Cavaliere, B.; Arnaldi, C.; Faggioli, R.; Soriani, S.; Scarpa, P. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1999, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p247
Abstract In order to establish the usefulness of EEGs for the diagnosis of headache in children and adolescents, we retrospectively reviewed the records of 425 patients referred to our Paediatric Neurology Service because of recurrent headache. EEG was recorded ictally in 40 patients and...
- The borderline between cluster headache and migraine: does cluster-migraine exist? Lisotto, C; Mainardi, F; Maggioni, F; Zanchin, G // Journal of Headache & Pain;Feb2013 Supplement, Vol. 14, p1
An abstract of the article "The borderline among cluster headache and migraine: does cluster-migraine exist?" by C. Lisotto, F. Mainardi, F. Maggioni, and G. Zanchin is presented.
- Is it a migraine or a headache? Dalwyn, Elizabeth R. // Ophthalmology Times;11/6/95, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p12
Differentiates migraine from headaches. Visual phenomena that can accompany headache; Migraine as a multi-factor event; Important elements that occur when a person has a migraine; Types of migraine; Symptoms; Treatment; Remarks of Glen Solomon, he ad of the headache section at the Cleveland...
- Dolores de cabeza, sÃntomas y enfermedad: un abordaje social sobre la construcciÃ³n clÃnica de la migraÃ±a. Del Monaco, Romina // Intersecciones en AntropologÃa;dic2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p501
In this article, I analyze how migraine's diagnosis, as a chronic disease, is constructed by biomedicine. During the year 2010 I interviewed neurologist and patients from a public hospital in Buenos Aires City. There are two things that difference migraine from other chronic diseases: there is...
- Late onset migraine with aura: how old is too old? Larner, Andrew J. // Journal of Headache & Pain;Sep2007, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p251
The article focuses on the late onset of migraine with aura (MA) in adults. It states that MA usually presents before the age of 40 and that de novo diagnosis above this age may require investigation to exclude other causes and comorbid pathologies. It describes the case of a 72-year-old woman...
- Headaches are wrongly diagnosed. // Australian Nursing Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on a study which revealed that individuals suffering from migraine, chronic daily headaches or medication overuse are wrongly diagnosed in the emergency department situation. Statistics on the diagnosis of migraine in the department; Implications.
- Chronic daily headaches. Ahmed, Fayyaz; Parthasarathy, Rajsrinivas; Khalil, Modar // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Aug2012 Supplement, pS40
Chronic Daily Headache is a descriptive term that includes disorders with headaches on more days than not and affects 4% of the general population. The condition has a debilitating effect on individuals and society through direct cost to healthcare and indirectly to the economy in general. To...