Ultrasonography plus radiography was as effective as intravenous urography for detecting abnormalities in men with proven UTI
- Story behind the wrinkle. Jha, R.; Gude, D.; Sinha, S. // Indian Journal of Nephrology;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p482
The article presents a case study of a 16â€‘yearâ€‘old boy who was born of a consanguineous marriage presented for evaluation of recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI) from the age of 2 years. It states that his urine stream was slow and he had the sense of incomplete bladder...
- Imaging Studies after a First Febrile Urinary Tract Infection in Young Children. Hoberman, Alejandro; Charron, Martin; Hickey, Robert W.; Baskin, Marc; Kearney, Diana H.; Wald, Ellen R. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/16/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 3, p195
Background: Guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend obtaining a voiding cystourethrogram and a renal ultrasonogram for young children after a first urinary tract infection; renal scanning with technetium-99mâ€“labeled dimercaptosuccinic acid has also been endorsed by...
- Risk Factors for Vesicoureteral Reflux in Children with Upper and Lower Urinary Tract Infections. Bulut, Ipek Kaplan; Dincel, Nida; Bulut, Mustafa Orhan; Sozeri, Betul; Rala, Sema; Kayacan, Gokben; Gun, Zubeyir Hasan; Mir, Sevgi // British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research;3/21/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p1864
Objective: Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common in children and may signal vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). This study aimed to identify the risk factors associated with VUR and to emphasize value of diagnostic imaging studies in children. Methods: This study was assessed 173 medical records...
- 113: Correlation of Severity of International Prostatic Symptom Score with Uroflowmetry and Urinary Bladder Weight in Man with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. Su-Jung Chang; Shiuan-Hui Tseng; Hui-Lung Tai; Chun-Chi Chen; Kuo-Hsuan Huang; Shu-Hsin Lee; Shu-Yueh Chen // Indian Journal of Urology;Supplement2, Vol. 24, pS89
Introduction: The aim of the study was to evaluate the possible relationship of IPSS in man with LUTS by the tests of uroflowmetry and UEBW. Methods: UEBW was determined non-invasively with BladderScan BVM 6500 (Diagnostic Ultrasound, Bothell, WA). In a total of 77 men aged 50 years or more was...
- Emphysematous infections of the urinary tract: A radiological perspective. Sureka, B.; Thukral, B. B. // Indian Journal of Nephrology;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p395
The article discusses the radiological perspective of emphysematous infections of the urinary tract. According to the authors, emphysematous pyelonephritis (EPN) is characterized by gas formation within or surrounding the kidneys which is life threatening since it causes necrotizing infection of...
- Bilateral renal masses in a 10-year-old girl with renal failure and urinary tract infection: the importance of functional imaging. Urbania, Thomas H.; Kammen, Bamidele F.; Nancarrow, Paul A.; Morrell, Rose Ellen // Pediatric Radiology;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p172
Renal sonography is a routine step in the evaluation of new onset renal failure. When renal masses are discovered in this setting, functional imaging may be critical. We report a case of bilateral renal masses in a girl with urinary tract infection and renal insufficiency found to have...
- Urinary Tract Infections in Men. Lipsky, Benjamin A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/15/89, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p138
Discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections in men. Epidemiology of urinary infections; Prevalence of bacteriuria in various populations; Diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections.
- Urinary tract infections in men. Gower, P.E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/17/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6688, p1595
Focuses on the urinary tract infections in men in Great Britain. Difference of infections between the sexes; Prevalence of covert bacteriuria among aged men; Cause of urinary symptoms in men aged between 15 and 55.
- Recurrent UTI in an elderly man. Press, Robert // Patient Care;4/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p230
Presents the case of an 81-year old man with chief complaint of chills and fever related to recurrent urinary tract infection. Review of past medical history; Signs and symptoms; Differential diagnosis; Clinical management.