Ibuprofen was more protective against asthma morbidity than acetaminophen in asthmatic children with fever
- Ipratropium bromide in acute asthma. Ward, M.J.; Fentem, P.H.; Smith, W.H. Roderick; Davies, D. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/21/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6264, p598
Examines the efficacy of ipratropium bromide as treatment of asthma. Effects of the combined ipratropium bromide and salbutamol drug regimen; Increase of the expiratory flow rate; Mechanism of action of ipratropium bromide.
- Serevent nationwide surveillance study: comparison of salmeterol with salbutamol in asthmatic patients who require regular bronchodilator treatment. Castle, Win; Fuller, Rick; Hail, John; Palmer, James // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/17/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6884, p1034
Examines the safety of salmeterol and salbutamol in treating asthma in Great Britain. Use of inhale beta agonist as the most effective bronchodilator; Non-fatal events related to asthma experience by treated patients; Association between treatment and incidence of deaths.
- LTRAS 'as effective' as steroid inhalers. Duffin, Christian // Pulse;5/11/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p6
The article discusses research being done on leukotriene-receptor antagonists (LTRA) as first-line therapy for patients with mild to moderate asthma which references a study published in "New England Journal of Medicine."
- ASTHMA IN CHILDREN: TREATMENT. Price, John // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/23/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6434, p1895
Examines the effectiveness of drugs in treating children with asthma. Therapeutic uses of beta adrenergic bronchodilators, cromoglycate and theophyllines; Advantages of inhaled treatment over oral treatment; Reason on the difficulty to manage wheezing in infants.
- Salmeterol/Fluticasone Combination Inhaler A New, Effective and Well Tolerated Treatment for Asthma. Bateman, E.D.; Britton, M.; Carrillo, J.; Almeida, J.; Wixon, C. // Clinical Drug Investigation;1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p193
Objective: The efficacy and tolerability of a new combination inhaler containing both salmeterol 50Âµg and fluticasone 100Âµg in a single device was compared with the delivery of the two drags via two separate inhalers in a multicenter, double-blind, double-dummy study. Patients: 244...
- Interaction and dose equivalence of salbutamol and salmeterol in patients with asthma. Smyth, E.T.; Pavord, I.D.; Wong, C.S.; Wisniewski, A.F.Z.; Williams, J.; Tattersfield, A.E.T. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/27/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6877, p543
Examines the pharmacological interaction of salmeterol and salbutamol on patients with asthma. Effect of adding salbutamol to salmeterol on patients; Potency of salmeterol over salbutamol; Comparison of daily equivalent dosage.
- Larger doses of albuterol more effective for acute asthma. // Modern Medicine;Nov98, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p18
Presents an abstract of the study `Comparison of Two Dosage Regimens of Albuterol in Acute Asthma,' by E. R. McFadden, L. Strauss, R. Hejal et al, published in the July 1998 issue of `American Journal of Medicine.'
- Comparison of albuterol dosage in asthma attacks. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;11/15/1998, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p1851
Compares the effectiveness of different dosages of albuterol given to patients with acute exacerbations of asthma. Methods used in the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- ASTHMA TREATMENTS: INHALATIONS. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p286
A table is presented which provides information on brand name, formula and strength of drugs used treating asthma including advair diskus, albuterol and alvesco.