Review: Lack of evidence exists for effectiveness of over-the-counter cough preparations for children with URTI
- What's the best over-the-counter cough remedy? HOUSTON, TOM // Men's Health;Nov2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p26
The article provides an answer to a question related to the most effective over-the-counter drug for cough.
- Honig, ein wirksames Mittel gegen Husten bei Kindern. Steurer, Johann // Praxis (16618157);1/9/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p57
No abstract available.
- Effect of Amritadi Lozenges in the Treatment of Kaphaja Kasa in Children. Shrinidhi, Acharya; Shilaja, U.; Veena, K. H. // Indian Journal of Ancient Medicine & Yoga;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p185
In the present clinical study 30 patients were treated by dividing them into trial & control group each containing 15 patients. The drugs were administered in the Lozenge (Rasakriya) form for its easy palatability in both the groups. Amritadi Lozenges (Rasakriya) is one such herbal combination...
- Palivizumab Injection. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Feb2017, p1
Your child's doctor has ordered palivizumab to help prevent a serious lower respiratory tract disease called respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). The drug will be injected into a large muscle (such as the thigh) once a month for several months. It is important that your child receive this medicine...
- Cold Medications. Akçan, Abdullah Barış; Akcan, Osman Erhan // Medical Journal of Suleyman Demirel University;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p25
Colds, coughs, and upper respiratory infections are common childhood illnesses. Cough and cold medications are marketed widely for relief of common cold symptoms. However, minimal data exist to support their effectiveness. Srudies have failed to demonstrate a benefit of these medications for...
- Cough/cold season is lasting longer, driving up sales. Scalise, Annette // Drug Store News;3/26/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p111
Focuses on the impact of the cough/cold season on over-the-counter drug sales in the United States (U.S.). Prevalence of cough and cold in the U.S.; Increase in sales reported by drug retailers; Growth in naturally-based cough/cold remedies; Products available for cough and cold.
- Supplier buzz. // Drug Store News;2/2/98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p24
Provides information about several new cough and cold medications available from drug suppliers in the United States. Quantum's line of zinc lozenges; IVC's reformulated Pine Bros. soft drop lozenge; Leiner Health Products' introduction of Winter Eeze zinc lozenges; Buckley's cough syrup line.
- OTC codeine rules tightened. // GP: General Practitioner;9/11/2009, p16
The article reports that for colds, flu, coughs, sore throats and minor painful conditions, codeine products available over-the-counter (OTC) will no longer be indicated in Great Britain. It is stated that to tackle risks arising from the fact that medicines containing codeine and dihydrocodeine...
- Workers rely on O-T-Cs to stay on the go. // Chain Drug Review;3/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on a survey by the company WorkPlace Medium according to which employed consumers purchase over-the-counter (OTC) cough medications more often.