Review: Venlafaxine is more effective than selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors for depression
- EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF VENLAFAXINE IN PATIENTS WITH DEPRESSIVE DISORDER COMORBID WITH GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER. Kulenović-Džubur, Alma; Kučukalić, Abdulah; Imširagić, Azijada Srkalović; Bravo-Mehmedbašić, Alma; Burnazović, Lejla; Rustempašić, Edhem // Medical Journal;jan-jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1/2, p101
The objective of this, flexible-dose, observational, 12 weeks study was to assess efficacy and safety of Velafax in a group of subjects diagnosed with Depressive disorder comorbid with Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). Thirty subjects older than 18 years of age diagnosed with Depressive...
- The Effects of Reboxetine and Venlafaxine on ECG Variables in Depressed Patients. // Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni;Mar2011, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
No abstract available.
- Drug improves patients' skin, psyche. Gutman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;May2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p48
Evaluates the safety and efficacy of venlafaxine as treatment option for psychodermatoses in patients with comorbid depression, anxiety, or an obsessive-compulsive disorder. Use of oral and topical medications in treating skin lesions; Nature of the diagnosis of patients with psychodermatoses;...
- Agomelatine in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder: Potential for Clinical Effectiveness. Kennedy, Sidney H.; Rizvi, Sakina J. // CNS Drugs;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p479
To demonstrate the clinical effectiveness of an antidepressant drug requires evidence beyond short- and long-term efficacy, including a favourable adverse-effect profile and sustained treatment adherence. Under these conditions, patients should experience enhanced social and functional outcomes....
- Will Prozac's profits be depressed? Marion, Matt // Men's Health;Sep99, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p32
Provides information on Effexor, an antidepressant drug.
- Bupropion/venlafaxine interaction. // Reactions Weekly;9/18/2010, Issue 1319, p13
The article describes three separate cases of adverse reaction to bupropion and venlafaxine, wherein patients experienced elevated serum venlafaxine concentrations while being treated for major depressive disorder.
- The Efficacy of Venlafaxine in Treatment of Depression in Parkinson's Disease. // Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni;Mar2011, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
No abstract available.
- Bupropion vs venlafaxine: same for the head, different in bed. // Reactions Weekly;11/4/2006, Issue 1126, p5
The article discusses research being done on the effect of bupropion XL and venlafaxine XR on sexual functioning, antidepressant efficacy and tolerability. It references a study by M. E. Thase et al published in the October 2006 issue of "Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology." The study found...
- Dual-acting Efexor-XR can now be prescribed by vocationally registered GPs. // New Zealand Doctor;11/16/2005, p41
Features Efexor-XR (venlafaxine), an antidepressant from Wyeth. Mechanism of action; Drug efficacy.