Review: Screening for depression reduces persistent depression
- Screening for Depression. Ferrini, Rebecca; Clark, Barbara // American Family Physician;4/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p1561
Addresses questions on screening for depression. Recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force regarding screening for depression in primary care setting; Information on the methods and tools to be used for screening depression and the time commitment involved in administering...
- First Baptist Site for National Depression Screening Day. // Tennessee Tribune;9/22/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p3B
The article announces the Depression Screenings which will be held on October 6, 2011 at the Ennix-Jones Center of First Baptist Church Capitol Hill in Tennessee.
- Depression screening finds symptoms are psychological. // Psychotherapy Letter;Nov94, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the results of the data compiled during the 1992 and 1993 National Depression Screening Days. Physical symptoms commonly identified with depression by clinicians; Psychological symptoms identified by screening participants; Diagnostic emphasis on the physical symptoms of depression.
- USPSTF Depression Screening Recommendations. Torrey, Brian // American Family Physician;7/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p332
Outlines the recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force for depression screening. Account of a similar recommendation; Questions that need to be addressed.
- Greet depression. // Prevention;Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p42
Points out how one can obtain a free screening for depression by calling the National Depression Screening Day, which occurs on October 9, 1997.
- Controversial mental health programme closes down after criticism. Lenzer, Jeanne // BMJ: British Medical Journal;12/1/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7885, p2
The article reports that the National Center's program which detected depression in young people will shut at the end of 2013 as the critics of the program stated that there was no reduction in the rate of suicide.
- National Depression Day/Memory Screening Today. // Tennessee Tribune;10/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p3A
The article offers information on the Depression Screening together with Memory Screening to be held at Kelly Miller Smith Towers, Tennessee on October 10, 2013.
- Independent Nurse: Depression screening judged uneconomical. // GP: General Practitioner;5/7/2010, p10
The article offers information on the screening of the depression in Great Britain being uneconomical. It states that screening the British population for depression has been ruled out because current 'inadequate' care for the condition would make the process uneconomical. It mentions that with...
- US task force recommends screening for depression. Josefson, Deborah // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/1/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7349, p1293
States that the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, an independent panel of health care experts that advises the federal government on health care, urges doctors to routinely screen all adult patients for depression. Indication that depression contributes to the uptake and costs of health care...