Review: Advice on low-fat diets is not better than other weight-reducing diets for sustaining weight loss in obesity
- WEIGHT-LOSS BULLETIN. Rhodes, Phillip // Men's Health;Sep2005, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p56
Presents the results of three studies about weight loss as of September 2005. Effect of the conjugated linoleic acid in beef on overweight persons; Risk of becoming fat among people who drink diet soda; Health benefits of eating low-fat dairy foods.
- Daily Reminders Help Dieters Stay On Track. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
Discusses a study which suggested that contact with weight counselors help obese individuals stick to their weight loss program.
- Non-surgical program, primary care practices helped morbidly obese patients lose weight. Brannon, Matthew // Endocrine Today;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses research on a non-surgical program designed to help morbidly obese people to loose weight, by D. H. Ryan and colleagues, published in the 2010 issue of "Archives of Internal Medicine."
- Dieting for Dollars. Phillips, Barbara A. // Internal Medicine Alert;11/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p161
THIS WAS A PROSPECTIVE, RANDOMIZED STUDY OF 3 MATCHED groups of overweight workers who were recruited from North Carolina colleges by email, letters, and flyers. Internet access was required to participate in order to fill out surveys and undergo initial screening. Overall, the 201 participants...
- Do You Think Like a 'Weight Regainer'? Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p20
Presents guidance for overweight people on how to lose weight.
- A LIFELONG STRUGGLE. Richards, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2003, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p24
Relates the success of an obese man in losing excess weight after a year.
- Helping an obese patient make informed choices. Mulrow, Cynthia D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/25/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7153, p266
Opinion. Discusses the importance of advice given by physicians to obese patients on weight loss programs. Advice given by the author to a patient who wanted to join a commercial diet program; Questions which the author asked herself before giving advice; Information on the risks of obesity;...
- Pramlintide associated with weight loss, maintenance. // Endocrine Today;10/25/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p20
The article reports a study which revealed that Pramlintide treatment helped obese participants to have greater weight loss.
- Three (more) good reasons TO LOSE WEIGHT. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Jul2013, p26
The article presents information on the health benefits of weight loss for overweight people including reducing a woman's risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis, improvement in sleep quality, and improvement in physically activity.