Losartan reduced cardiovascular morbidity and mortality more than atenolol in patients with diabetes and essential hypertension
- Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of Oral Olmesartan+ Chlorthalidone Combination in the Management of Hypertension in Indian Patients. KHANNA, ASHOK; FARUQUI, A. A. // Journal of Medicine;2017, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Hypertension is the most prevalent chronic disease in India and its prevalence is rapidly increasing among urban and rural populations. Reducing blood pressure can decrease cardiovascular risk and all cause mortality. This study was conducted to assess the efficacy and safety of fixed dose...
- Single-pill combinations better for BP. // Pulse;7/6/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on a study conducted by British researchers in 2011 which reveals the efficient use of single-pill drug combinations for hypertension patients.
- Renin Inhibitors: A new Class of Antihypertensive Agents. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;1/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses research being done on the effectiveness and safety of Aliskiren (ALISK) renin inhibitors in the treatment of hypertension.
- Atenolol, methyldopa, and chlorthalidone in moderate hypertension. Webster, J.; Jeffers, T.A.; Galloway, D.B.; Petrie, J.C.; Barker, N.P. // British Medical Journal;1/8/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6053, p76
Focuses on the use of combined treatment of different drugs for moderate hypertension. Reduction in the standing blood pressures using atenolol; Decrease in lying diastolic blood pressures using atenolol and methyldopa; Use of chlorthalidone in treating the disease.
- Fixed Combinations of Candesartan Cilexetil and Hydrochlorothiazide or Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in Patients with Moderate to Severe Hypertension: The Editor. Koenig, W. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p291
Comments on the criticism of the design of the CAndersartan/HCTZ versus LOSartan study on distolic blood pressure and the validity of its results. Absence of a placebo run-in and washout period for previous medication; Pontential inconsistencies with earlier studies.
- Fixed Combinations of Candesartan Cilexetil and Hydrochlorothiazide or Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in Patients with Moderate to Severe Hypertension: The Editor. Smith, R.D.; Aurup, P. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p291
Comments on a study on the fixed combnations of candesatan cilexetil and hydrochlorothiazide or losartan ahd hydrochlorothiazide in patients with moderate to severe hypertension. Inconsistency in the findings.
- Efficacy and Tolerability of Long-Acting Nifedipine GITS/OROS Monotherapy or Combination Therapy in Hypertensive Patients. Ueng, Kwo-Chang; Sun Ningling; Maksod, Abd El; Hung, Kuan-Yu; Yin Yuehui // Clinical Drug Investigation;2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p631
Background: Achieving the maximum reduction in cardiovascular morbidity and mortality is the primary goal of blood pressure (BP) control. Current guidelines recommend several antihypertensive classes as first-line therapy for this purpose but the decision on which agent/s to use will likely be...
- LOSARTAN POTASSIUM 50MG (F-6); EFFICACY & BIOCHEMICAL EVALUATION OF PHARMACEUTICAL OPTIMIZED WITH ESSENTIAL HYPERTENSION. Asnad; Fida, Ruqia; Muhammad, Said // Professional Medical Journal;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p307
Introduction: Hypertension is one of the strongest modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular and kidney disease and has been identified as the leading risk factor for mortality. The reduction of blood pressure lower than 130/85 mmHg provides additional benefits regarding both protection of...
- Aspirin Significantly Reduces MI in Setting of High BP. // Kidney;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p19
Presents the findings of a study which assessed the potential benefit of low-dose aspirin (ASA) in the treatment of hypertension (HT). Association of intensive lowering of blood pressure in HT patients with a low rate of cardiovascular events.