Bio-Mass as an Alternative Fuel
- ADB Loan for Energy Sector. // Economic Review (05318955);Jul2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p34
Analyzes the problem emerged in the million loan of Asian Development Bank for energy sector restructuring in Pakistan. Problems in the privatization of the Lakhra Power Plant; Advantages and disadvantages of the privatization proposal; Implications for energy sector in the area.
- Inauguration of Zamzama Gas Field. // Economic Review (05318955);Jul2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p37
Focuses on the inauguration of Zamzama Gas Field in Pakistan. Importance of rapid development in indigenous energy resources; Potential of indigenous energy resources to revive the economy of the nation; Advantages of using natural gas as the fuel of choice.
- BIOMASS FOR HEAT AND POWER. Bain, Richard L.; Overend, Ralph P. // Forest Products Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p12
Predicts that the next-generation of stand-alone biopower production will substantially mitigate the high costs and efficiency disadvantages of industry. Evolution of biomass use in the U.S.; Biopower options; Reasons for the availability of biomass resources.
- New emphasis on green gold. // In Business;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on use of agricultural and food processing residuals as source for energy in the United States. Environmental initiatives of the government; Impact on use of imported petroleum and on farm income; BioEnergy, a national partnership for development of an industry that produces power and...
- Nuclear Power. Ahmad, Ishfaq // Economic Review (05318955);Jul2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p30
Analyzes the advantages of developing nuclear power supply in Pakistan. Challenges meet by countries in increasing the demand of electricity without causing long-term environmental damage; Concept of susceptibility in energy sector; Safety and cost-effectiveness of nuclear plant.
- Editorial. LOGAN, ANNA // Reach;Feb2017, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including students with autism spectrum disorder in schools, additional teaching and special needs, and annual conference of the Irish Association of Teachers in Special Education in May 2016.
- GENERAL. // Biomass Bulletin;2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article presents abstracts on topics related to biomass including the potential of wind, solar-photovoltaics and biomass as power energy resources with emphasis on their opportunities and constraints and on production costs, the proposed governance systems for the emerging bioenergy markets...
- Biomass responses sought. // Professional Engineering;9/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the consultation document forwarded on the Renewable Obligation launched in September 2003. Benefits of proposals stated in this document gained by co-fired power stations which burns biomass materials; Suggestions given in this document regarding farmers; Contact information to view...
- PAKISTAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jul2008, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p4
The article presents a risk summary for Pakistan for 2008 to 2009, including its politics, economy and business environment. Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf continues to guard his position despite ongoing criticism and murmurs of impeachment. The state budget for the forecast period will...