- Wanted: Elite Soldier-athletes. Hipps, Tim // Soldiers;Jun2011, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p32
The article cites the requirements of the U.S. Army on selecting active-duty Reserve and National Guard soldiers for its Army World Class Athlete Program, one of which is the ability to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Team.
- Reserve your job rights. Raimondi, Marc A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/27/95, Vol. 24 Issue 39, ESgram p5
Discusses issues of job protection for United States National Guard and Army Reserve personnel. Case of Maryland National Guardsman 1st Lt. Phillip Selleh; Role of the Guard and Reserve in national defense; Programs by the National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
- EMPLOYERS STEP UP TO THE PLATE. // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter2004, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p8
Reports that in July 2003, Home Depot President and Chief Executive Officer Bob Nardelli has signed a Statement of Support for the U.S. National Guard and Reserve allowing all Home Depot employees either mobilized or on active duty to continue receiving their full salary, health insurance and...
- An Enduring Army: Getting It Right. Bolger, Daniel P. // Army Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p163
The article discusses the challenges being faced by the U.S. Army in ensuring its staying power and reputation as an enduring army in 2010. Accordingly, the Army is planning and building to meet the challenge of persistent conflict during the 21st century. The Army is also characterized by a...
- Home Health Care. Knabe, Anne P. // Officer;Jan2008, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p35
The article highlights the special program called Community Based Health Care Organization (CBHCO) for the Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers undergoing medical treatment in the U.S. The CBHCO lets mobilized Reserve Component Soldiers remain on active duty and live at home while recovering...
- Joining the military? // NextStepU;Mar/Apr2013, p23
The article focuses on the different military careers in the U.S. such as the U.S. Armed Forces, the U.S. Army National Guard, and the U.S. Reserve Officers' Training Corps. (ROTC).
- Maintenance excellence awards. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug98, Issue 549, p60
Presents the winners and runners-up of the FY97 Army Awards for maintenance excellence in the United States (US). Active Army Organization; Active Army TDA organizations; US Army Reserve awardees; US Army National Guard awardees.
- Gearing Up. // Time;1/8/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p9
This section offers news briefs in the U.S. as of January 1951. After March 1, copper may not be used to make pots and pans, jewelry, among other things. A total of 9,740 more Reserve and National Guard officers have been called up by the U.S. Army to active duty within three months. An...
- National Guard's 34th Signal Company serves with 34th... Dunn, Mark // Army Communicator;1995, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p25
Recounts pre-World War II days when the Signal Corps accounted for a portion of the Army's personnel strength. Reference to the Reserve and National Guard Units; Comments on Signal company The Red Bull Division; Achievements of Signal companies.