October Brings No Relief From Sales Downturn in K-12 Materials
- School Segment Poised For Leap. // Publishers Weekly;12/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 51, p5
Forecasts educational sales in the U.S. for 2005. Reason behind the forecast for 2005; Percentage of educational sales growth in the elementary/high school category.
- Scholastic Education Revenue Drops in Slow Market. // Electronic Education Report;1/10/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the decline of revenue at the Scholastic Education Publishing from 17.1% to 101.6 million U.S. dollars for the company's fiscal second quarter and down 18.8% to 220.2 million in the six-month period ending November 30, 2011 in the U.S.
- Technology Sales Drive Scholastic Ed. Revenue Growth in Q1. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the growth in the business revenue of Educational Publishing Co. which increased by 29 percent to 148.7 million dollars for the first quarter of 2009 in the U.S.
- The Three Top K-12 Publishers Plan for Sales Growth in 2003 After Posting Declines in 2002. // Educational Marketer;12/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p1
Reports the plans of U.S. K-12, an education publisher to issue a trading updates to confirm the news about the decrease revenues in 2002. Inclusion of mixed forecast for 2003; Consideration of schools interest for professional development and social studies textbooks; Impact of budget...
- Chapter 37: Changes in Sources of Public School Revenue. // Condition of Education 2007;2007, p74
Chapter 37 of the book "Condition of Education 2007" is presented. It examines changes in public school revenues from 1989-1990 to 2003-2004 in the U.S. It has been reported that total elementary and secondary public school revenues increased by 51% during the period. There has been a decline in...
- Biology Texts Evaluated in 'Apolitical' Review. Bridgman, Anne // Education Week;5/15/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 34, p6
The article focuses on the review of the quality of biology textbooks in the U.S. American Association for the Advancement of Science released 100 evaluations of 35 major biology textbooks and supplementary manuals scheduled to be used in middle and high schools across the country. The standards...
- Forecast Bright for Elhi, Cloudy for College. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 51, p12
Focuses on the forecasts by educational publishers for educational publishing in the U.S. in 2005. Rebound in the school market; Factor behind the positive predictions of the elementary/high school segment of educational publishing; Issue faced by college publishers in 2004; Impact of the move...
- Kaplan Adds Dublin Bus. School to its Stable of post-Secondary Schools. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Dublin Business School by Kaplan in the U.S. Improvement of the company's higher education and professional unit; Escalation of revenue; Expansion of academic services.
- Market Toughens Up for Pearson. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the increase of revenue at Pearson PLC's North American Education educational publishing business in the U.S.