Newbridge Introduces Non-Fiction, Social Studies Program for K-2
- Parents' concerns fuel sales of school aids. Lahey, Anita // Quill & Quire;Feb97, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the increase in the use of educational material in schools due to concerns of parents in Canada. Creation of educational material by Leanne McDonnell to help kids; Negotiations of a sale for back-to-school season between McDonnell's Bright Kids and national chain Moyer's; Trend...
- Hunan Province Overhauls Primary and Secondary School Teaching Guidance Materials. // Chinese Education & Society;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p100
Reports decline of the volume of teaching guide materials and educational readers for primary and secondary schools in Hunan Province, China. Reasons for the reduction of the volume of materials; Impact of the decline of educational guide materials on students; Implications for financial burden...
- Holy tree. // IPA Review;Spring90, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on `Mad About the Environment,' a teaching kit for primary schools issued by Australian Catholic Relief with the Australian Council of Churches in celebration of One World Week on August 5-12, 1990. Brief description of the contents of the kit; Reason why Christians have always...
- Book shelf. // Thrust for Educational Leadership;May/Jun94, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p55
Presents educational resources from the Association of California School Administrators. Includes `Sexual Harassment: Impact vs. Intent' workbook and video; `A Practical Guide for Instructional Leaders' manual; `Elementary Education' booklet; Contact information.
- How to Use Be a Better Test Taker! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/27/2003 Supplement, Vol. 60, p2
Provides a guide for using the book "Be a Better Test Taker!" for grade three students in the U.S.
- Free materials on child labor. // Instructor-Intermediate;Sep97, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p9
Reviews the teacher's guide `Kids Helping Kids'. Where the guide can be obtained; Features of the guide; Special mention of the `Kids Speak for Kids Essay Contest'; Rules of the contest.
- INCREASING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT. Laub, Cheryl // Media & Methods;May/Jun2002, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the instructional program of the Hempfield School District at Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Goal of the program; Applications of the program; Uses of the reports generated from the courseware management system.
- Research Into Practice Through Professional Development. Little, Mary E.; Houston, Debby // Remedial & Special Education;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p75
Bridging scientifically based theoretical approaches to quality instructional methods within classrooms in schools continues to be a challenge. Given the increasing demand for accountability, the implementation and evaluation of scientifically based interventions and strategies are necessary....
- Supplying Science, Transition Out of Chaos, PD as Learning. MENTOR, MS. // NSTA Reports!;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p26
The article presents an answer to a question related to demanding for equipment for teaching science for teaching in an elementary school in the U.S.