Wal-Mart Resolves Dispute with NACS Over Textbook-Discounts
- Wal-Mart, Union Raise Stakes in Fight. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/14/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 33, p23
Reports on the battle of Wal-Mart against unionization in Canada. Impact of labor union on the operations of Wal-Mart; Status of the negotiation between Wal-Mart and the Union of Food and Commercial Workers as of February 2005; Reasons behind the no-union position of Wal-Mart.
- Wal-Mart.com Adds Textbooks. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p20
Deals with the Books-A-Million, Wal-Mart's wholesaler of college textbooks in the United States. Bestsellers on the Web site; Discounts on books offered on the Web site; Average annual spending of a college student on textbooks.
- Plan a way out of crisis management syndrome. Romano, Ken // Inside Tucson Business;9/6/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p15
Provides tips to deal with crisis management syndrome in Tucson, Arizona. Consideration of planning and forecasting as powerful logistics and operations tools; Difference of planning with scheduling; Benefits offered by the Collaborative Planning and Forecasting Replenishment system developed by...
- Wal-Mart Global Sourcing up 18% in United States. // Home Textiles Today;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p15
The article reports on the 18 percent increase of the global sourcing structure of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S.
- Wal-Mart anchors in L.I. Longo, Don // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the opening of the first full-line discount store of Wal-Mart at Suffolk County, New York in January 1995. Wal-Mart expansion; Promotional campaign; Featured products; Domestics presentation of products; Performance of stocks.
- Supercenters the star at Wal-Mart meeting. Hisey, Pete // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1
Reports on Wal-Mart's shift from its long-term supercenter strategy to focus on its smaller-size footprint it is calling the 116 prototype. Benefits of the 116 prototype; Attacks against the Kathie Lee line of apparel; Expected improvement in the cash flow.
- Wal-Mart: Suppliers wanted. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, Apparel Merchandising pA8
Annouces Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s search for clothing suppliers for its international operations.
- Wal-Mart shuttering 7-year old Bud's chain. // Discount Store News;8/4/97, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p3
Informs the closing of Bud's Discount City chain of Wal-Mart. Relocation of stores Wal-Mart; Agreement of Wal-Mart with Carmike Cinemas; Financial status of Wal-Mart; Sales of Bud's; Credit program of Bud's; Other plans of Wal-Mart.
- Wal-Mart tests unveils yet another new store design. Negley, Jennifer // Discount Store News;10/6/97, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p3
Unveils four concept stores at Wal-Mart. Information about the renovation of the company's Price Club box; Features of Price Club box.