Tierney Brings Digital Experience In Move to Reed Elsevier Education
- People... // Educational Marketer;5/5/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Patrick Tierney is named as one of the board of directors of Reed Elsevier PLC in the U.S.
- Reed Won't Replace Lucki; Harcourt Rests Solely in Tierney's Hands. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the decision of Reed Elsevier PLC not to replace Tony Lucki, who headed Harcourt Education Group's U.S. operations. Expansion in the role of Lucki in the K-12 publishing; Role of Pat Tierney, chief executive officer of Harcourt Education, in the U.S. operations; Reasons for the...
- Reed Elsevier ends long search for CEO. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Crispin Davis' appointment as chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier PLC, the parent company of Cahners Business Information. Herman Bruggingk and Nigel Stapleton as predecessors; Davis' previous position at Aegis Group PLC; Financial problems of Reed Elsevier; Brian Kardon's...
- Disappearing CEOs test City's faith. Welch, Jilly // People Management;4/22/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the inability of companies, such as Barclays Bank and publishing group Reed Elsevier, to appoint chief executives. Call of Richard Joyce of the Institute of Directors on companies to include human resource (HR) directors in discussions about board-level recruitment and succession...
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Harcourt Bats A Homer For New Parent Reed Elsevier in 2001. // Educational Marketer;3/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the increase in revenue of British-Dutch publishing company Reed Elsevier's Education Division in 2001.
- Sales, profits up at Reed Elsevier. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p12
Reports that media company Reed Elsevier plans to seek a New York Stock Exchange listing. Release of financial results for the first half of 1994; Pretax profits; Sales; Major acquisitions in 1993; Finalization of compensation terms with former co-chairman Peter Davis.
- Reed reports strong results. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/21/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier for the six months to June 1995. Reasons for the results; Comparison with 1994 figures.
- Reed-Elsevier To Buy Harcourt, Then Spin Off Higher Education Assets To Thomson Corp. // Educational Marketer;11/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p1
Reports that British-Dutch publisher Reed-Elsevier agreed to purchase Harcourt General as of November 6, 2000.