Harcourt's HRW Claims $11 Million from California Adoption
- Harcourt's HRW Leads in Texas 6-12 Math Adoption. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the leading textbook publishing companies in the grades 6-12 math adoption cycle in Texas in 2007. Accordingly, Harcourt Education Group and McGraw-Hill Education garnered the one and two positions, respectively. Particularly, Hartcourt's Holt, Rinehart & Winston's imprint...
- EM's Top PreK-12 Stories of 2007. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on issues related to educational publishing in the U.S. in 2007 which made a significant impact on the industry. Houghton Mifflin Co. acquired Harcourt Education Group and its reference businesses for 4 billion dollars as part of the industry's strategic move. A business...
- Competition Roils Among Large and Small Publishers -- States, Too. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the efforts of math publishers in the U.S. to develop new programs for math adoptions in 2004. Pearson's partnership with Texas Instruments to offer instructional activities and assessments on Texas' handheld devices for its algebra and geometry textbooks; Harcourt's offering of a...
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of textbook publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Accordingly, among the major publishers who posted a positive growth are McGraw-Hill Education and Pearson Education Inc., which generated revenue of $979 million and $1.88 billion,...
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1; Expect Improvement in H2. // Electronic Education Report;8/24/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the three largest educational publishers in the U.S. for the first half of 2007. New York-based McGraw-Hill Education increased revenue 5.7% to $979 million while Upper Saddle River, New Jersey-based Pearson Education Inc. generated revenue of...
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Harcourt Education Performs for Reed Elsevier, Driving K-12 Education Revenue Up 79% in 2002. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expansion of the revenue of Harcourt Education, the kindergarten-grade 12 division of Reed Elsevier PLC, in 2002.