The Three Top K-12 Publishers Plan for Sales Growth in 2003 After Posting Declines in 2002
- Oklahoma Schools Face Another Fiscal Blow From Tax Fund Shortfall. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p25
Discusses potential loss of about 15 million dollars in revenue for schools in Oklahoma due to tax fund shortfalls. School districts affected by revenue reversal; Inclusions in the state tax fund; Funds collected in million dollars.
- California School Districts Ready $370 Million of Trans. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p56
Reports the preparation of school districts to price tax and revenue anticipation notes in California. Plans of the South Coast Local Education Agencies to price the largest issue; Total amount of debt being issued; Dependence of schools on the state for revenue.
- Philadelphia Schools Readies First Deal Under New Chief. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p36
Reports the Philadelphia School District in tax revenue anticipation notes in Pennsylvania. Assignment of Fitch Ratings of an F1-plus rating to the notes; Restoration of structural balance to the district's budget; Increase of the basic education subsidy.
- Tax Shelter. Michels, Patrick // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;May2012, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that the Tatum ISD school district sends more than half of its local tax revenue to fund poorer districts in Texas.
- Tulsa County, Okla., ISD Sets $67 Million for CIP. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/13/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33730, p24
The article reports that the Independent School District (ISD) No. 3 of Tulsa County, Oklahoma will finance the second phase of its capital improvement plan with proceeds from lease revenue bonds worth 67.3 million dollars issued by the Tulsa County Industrial Authority.
- WHITNEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT STATEMENT OF REVENUES, EXPENDITURES, AND CHANGES IN FUND BALANCE GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS FOR THE YEAR ENDED AUGUST 31, 2007. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the statement of revenues, expenditures, and changes in fund balance of Whitney Independent School District in Whitney, Texas for the year ended August 31, 2007.
- Calif. Court: Agency Will Have to Pay School District Up to $240M. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31434, p3
Reports the cash payment to Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District by Yorba Linda Redevelopment Agency in California. Amount of cash issued by the agency to the district; Use of tax increment revenue for the payment; Details on the court ruling for cash payment.
- Texas Reading and Literature Adoption Ordering Gets Under Way. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the increase in orders for K-12 reading and literature instructional materials by school districts in Texas in 2010. It mentions the increase in orders from publishing companies including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co., McGraw-Hill Cos., and Hampton-Brown. It...
- Attorney General Opinion: Opinion No. GA-0775. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/56/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p8
The article offers information on the different subsections of the Tax Code including subsection 26.08(a), which prohibits adoption of maximum maintenance and operation (M&O) tax rate in school districts, subsections 26.08(b) and (c), which requires school district's registered voters to approve...