MillerCoors filing hints at new Miller Fortune brew
- Trademark filings point to plans for Apple iWatch -- but we still don't know what it is. // MacUser;Summer2013, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the application made by consumer electronics firm Apple to register iWatch as a trademark in various countries, according to sources.
- WHERE IS THE RIGHT BALANCE?--EXPLORING THE CURRENT REGULATIONS ON NONTRADITIONAL THREE-DIMENSIONAL TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN THE UNITED STATES, THE EUROPEAN UNION, JAPAN AND CHINA. LI, KEXIN // Wisconsin International Law Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p428
Trademark rights are very important intellectual property rights. Currently, one heated and controversial issue in intellectual property law is the trend of nontraditional trademark registration. One important form of nontraditional trademarks is the three-dimensional trademark. This article...
- FORTHCOMING PUBLIC INQUIRIES. // Commercial Motor;1/31/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5520, p20
The article offers information on public inquiries in England which includes the application of Paul Smith trading as PL Transport on February 6, 2013 in Bristol, the variation application by CMB Solutions on January 31, 2013 in Birmingham, and the application by Stephen Bourne trading as HTS...
- Speculation on Qualcomm Smart Watch is the TOQ of the Town. GRAVES, BRAD // San Diego Business Journal;7/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p6
The article focuses on wireless communications technology company Qualcomm Inc., which is rumored to be developing a smart watch after a photograph of a wristwatch with Mirasol display came out and trademark application to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the term Qualcomm TOQ was applied.
- Starbucks trademarks a soda name. // Advertising Age;9/30/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 34, p5
The article, citing the Associated Press news service, reports that coffee company Starbucks has filed a trademark application for a carbonated soft drink.
- Beaver Furniture succeeds in registering trademark. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2011, Issue 5745, p4
The article reports on the success of Bespoke furniture manufacturer Beaver Furniture in registering a carved beaver as its recognized trademark in celebration of its 50th year in business.
- Trademarks: Essential Differences Exist Between Canada and the United States. Rogers, John L.; Spratley, David // Franchising World;May2012, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p66
The article compares trademark registration and protection in Canada and the U.S. Similarities were noted in underlying trademark laws, trademark procedures, and general filing and registration procedures. In the U.S., registration of trademarks can be in each state and federal registration is...
- Use it or lose it rule for trademarks. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Aug2013, p4
The article reports on New Zealand intellectual property expert and lawyer Theodore Doucas' warning that companies should register and use their trademark because they could lose it, citing the cases of fastfood chain McDonald's and consumer goods company Unilever.
- Google struggles to trademark Glass devices. // Hill;4/ 7/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p14
The article reports on the difficulties of Internet giant Google Inc. in registering the word "Glass" as a trademark for its computer-powered glasses in the U.S.