- Shouldering the Burden. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32547, p1
The article reports that according to Massachusetts state Treasurer Tim Cahill, helping a friend in need may cost taxpayers about $4.7 billion in principal and interest payments if the commonwealth reclaims $2.9 billion of legacy debt it previously assigned to the Massachusetts Bay...
- N.Y.C. Will Sell $850M In Two Parts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p1
New York City will sell 850 million dollars in general obligation bonds including 200 million dollars in taxable debt to fund affordable housing and economic development as the city's fiscal year comes to an end. However, questions remain about the constitutionality of a key piece of the city's...
- Northeast Refunding Spree. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p1
Massachusetts has been ready since the beginning of June 2003 to enter the market with two large deals, a $1 billion advance refunding of state general obligation bonds and a $520 million grant anticipation note refunding. The reinvestment market has gone down a lot faster than the...
- State and Local Government Series Rates. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p36
Presents chart depicting the rates of public debt in the U.S.
- African Opportunities Missed. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;10/26/98, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the loss of the prospect for debt opportunities in Africa caused by the failure of the emerging bond markets. Countries that may complete their Brady bond-type debt restructuring; Decline of the value of funds for companies in Africa.
- With financing scarce, companies turn to junk bonds. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;9/5/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p5
The article elaborates on the trend among businesses, which include corporations and private equity firms, in the U.S. towards the issuance of high-yield or junk bonds to help firms complete their deals like mergers and acquisitions.
- Twin Cities Council Deals for Refunding, Light Rail. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;10/23/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33801, p3
The article offers information on Minneapolis-Saint Paul Metropolitan Council which enters into the bond market to refund its debts and raise interim financing for its light-rail expansion.
- Saints and sinners. Mackay, Sebastian // Money Marketing;10/14/2010, p70
In this article the author considers the sovereign debt and switch in global economic power that further complicate the bond market in Great Britain.
- Chief Financial Officer Natwar Gandhi. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p8
Focuses on the bond market in Washington D.C. Focus on disclosing information to policymakers; Increase in the issuance of general obligation bonds; Effort of reducing the debt service of the city.