California PUC Institutes Fee for 'Direct Access' Clients
- Calif. PUC Delays Votes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p1
Reports the delay of sale power revenue bond voting by the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) in California. Allegation on the attempt to overcharge electric customers; Justification on the reimbursement for power expenditures; Reasons for the postponement.
- Massive hikes drench sunshine state. // Power Economics;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the decision of the California Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to increase residential power prices in an effort to prevent its impending bankruptcy. Total amount of power bills that the state has funded; State's reliance on the free market to resolve its difficulties; Future price...
- NEW RULES FOR CALIFORNIA. // Power Economics;Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p11
Reports the recovery of electric power plants under the rules approved by the California Public Utilities Commission.
- WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT IN CALIFORNIA. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;3/31/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p972
Deals with the political aspects of the increasing electricity bills and energy blackouts in the summer of 2001 in California. Reason for the reluctance of Republicans to control electricity prices; Cause of the electricity crisis; Electricity pricing plan adopted by the California Public...
- Commission Report Faults Independent Generators in California Crisis. Betz, Kenneth W. // Energy User News;Nov2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
Reports that according to a report released in September 2002 by the California Public Utilities Commission and Portland, Oregon based McCullough Research, all the blackouts in California during the State's 2000-2001 energy crisis could have been avoided. Reasons for the blackouts; Reaction of...
- Power price hike in the free market. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
Reports the authorization of the plan to raise electricity rates by the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) in California. Effect of power price hike on consumers; Continuity of blackouts and staged alerts; Compromise between Governor Gray Davis and PUC on the power crisis.
- CPUC REPORT OUTLINES ENERGY EFFICIENCY SUCCESS. // POWERGRID International;Oct2012, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has published the "2010-2011 Energy Efficiency Annual Progress Evaluation Report." The document records the progress toward the realization of statewide energy and climate policy objectives which include the Energy Action...
- It's time to rebalance America's electricity strategy. Darbee, Peter // Power;Sep2007, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p88
The article presents the author's comments about the government policy related to electric power production in California. The author says that the policy has made it extremely difficult to build new electric power plants in the state despite the urgent need for them. According to him, the...
- Bay Area blackout sparks claims. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p1
Reports that a blackout occurred in California, on February 8, 1998, affecting San Francisco and San Mateo County. Reason for the power failure; Probe called for by the state Public Utilities Commission on the reliability of the Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) distribution system; PG&E's...