Plan to Fix N.J.'s Beleaguered DMV Calls for Securitizing Surcharges
- Circuit clerk collects overdue fines. // Granite City Press-Record;7/20/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 58, pA2
The article reports that Madison County Circuit Clerk's office, Illinois is working with a company to collect unpaid traffic fines and had collected 372,831 dollars from April 2010 through June 2011 in over due fines.
- RTD refutes RM2,000 compound hike. // Malay Mail;6/27/2012, p4
The article reports that Malaysia's Road Transport Department (RTD) has refuted claims that the compound for three traffic offences will be increased from 200 Malaysian ringgit to 2,000 Malaysian ringgit under an amendment to the Road Transport Act 1987, citing the statement by RTD deputy...
- Fines for Speeders Going Up. // Chicago Citizen;9/15/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p2
The article reports on the increased fines for speeding tickets imposed by the Illinois Supreme Court to raise additional revenue for Illinois State Police and local governments.
- A fine balance. // India Today;4/5/2010, p18
The article reports that traffic police in Bangalore, India has collected crores as fines from on-road violations.
- Cash Cow $1.9billion. // Wheels;Oct2014, p33
A diagram is presented which shows the budget collected by the states and mainland territories of Australia from traffic fines in 2013-2014.
- VOSA gets green light to stop illegal drivers in Scotland. // Commercial Motor;5/26/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5434, p8
The article reports on the authority of the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) to obtain fines to foreign drivers who violated traffic rules in Scotland.
- Toys for Traffic Tickets. Rabbitt, Meghan // Parenting;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p23
Presents information on the Toys for Fines, a community program initiated by circuit judge James Wilson in Kendall County, Illinois in 2002. Way in which the program works; Views on the program.
- Washington news in brief. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;May98, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on the proposed penalties for traffic violations in the United States. Penalties for drivers who disobey warning signals proposed by Federal Highway Administration; Increase in fines for traffic violations.
- BAROUD PROPOSES TRAFFIC FINES BE RAISED FIVE-FOLD. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);6/15/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4873, p1
The article reports that Interior Minister Ziad Baroud has proposed raising traffic violation fines to five times in Lebanon.