N.Y.C. Olympic Plan Pushes TIF Districts, Plenty of Bonds
- OLYMPIC NIGHTMARE FOR MONTREAL. Pileggi, Sarah // Sports Illustrated;2/ 9/1976, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p62
The article discusses the challenges faced by the city government of Montreal, Quebec concerning the opening of the Olympic Games on July 17, 1976. It reports that the original budget for the construction of infrastructures needed for the event is 310 million Canadian dollars but it became 1.2...
- 8 U.S. Cities Go for Gold. Sigo, Shelly; Albanese, Elizabeth; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p1
Reports on the financial plans of the eight United States cities competing to host the Summer Olympics in 2012. Estimated total cost of the Olympics project; Cities' plan to use public financing, private investments and numerous other revenue sources; Bids submitted by the cities.
- Javelins out for Crawford report. // Splash!;Dec2009/Jan2010, p58
The article discusses the report compiled by BHP Billiton director David Crawford which explores the future of sports in Australia. It notes that Crawford's account criticizes the panel members of the Australian Football League (AFL). The paper asserts that the country must be satisfied in...
- Chicago Chosen as Finalist to Host 2016 Summer Olympics. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/5/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32893, p3
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois has chosen as finalist to host the 2016 Summer Olympics. The International Olympic Committee announced that the state made the shortlist of international finalists, along with Tokyo, Madrid, and Rio de Janeiro, to host the 2016 Olympics. According to...
- Own The Podium Funding. Robinson, Karen // Horse Sport;Jun2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the Own The Podium (OTP) funding for the Olympics and Paralympics in 2012-2013 was again awarded to Equine Canada.
- OTP Funding Doubled in 2010. Robinson, Karen // Horse Sport;May2010, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the Own the Podium (OTP) program has increased its funding for equestrian Olympic sports in 2010 compared to its 2009 fund. This was granted in light of the gold and silver medals won by the Canadian teams at the 2008 Olympics in the equestrian division. Of the one...
- Olympics Deal Still Not in Football's League. KISSELL, RICK // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p13
The article considers the purchasing of rights to television broadcasting of the Olympic Games and Olympic Winter Games from 2022-2032 by broadcasting industry firm NBC Universal for $7.25 billion in relationship to the cost of purchasing rights to U.S. professional sports.
- Greece: a Downgrade After the Olympics? Abrams, Sandra Lea // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 33, p28
Talks about lessons to be learned in fiscal management of the Olympic games in Greece. Need for the government of the country to focus on fiscal consolidation and structural reforms; Questions on the benefits of the Olympic games for any host countries; Finances made to prepare for the Olympic...
- Olympic funding heralds latest angst for Brit film. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/20/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 30, p72
The article focuses on issues related to the British government's statement that puts the budget for the 2012 London Olympics at just north of Â£9 billion, up almost fourfold from the Â£2.4 billion cost projected less than two years ago. Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell said that the...