- Colorado Agencies Revise Fiscal 2003 Revenue Estimates Downward. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p29
Forecasts the fiscal 2003 revenue estimates in Colorado. Decline in bonds revenues; Total budget deficits; Reduction in bond deals.
- Illinois' Question: Cuts or GOs? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p1
Reports on the effort of Governor George Ryan to reduce budget deficits in Illinois. Plan to use general obligations bond from tobacco settlement payments; Proposal of state lawmakers to cut jobs; Expectation towards a negative revenue growth.
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Venezuela: Bonds Sell Off, Despite High Oil Prices. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p9
Presents updates on the economic conditions in Venezuela as of March 21, 2005. Impact of the decline in eurodollar futures on the Venezuelan foreign bonds; Percentage of its export earnings being accounted to petroleum revenues; Budget deficit of the country.
- Detroit Audit Delay Could Hold Up Note Issue. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32118, p4
This article reports that Detroit's issuance of deficit elimination bonds in 2004 and its failure to complete its audit this year could cause Michigan to reject an application to issue $55 million of revenue anticipation notes. According to Terry Stanton, a spokesman from the state Department of...
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.
- Analysts: Budget May Weaken California Financial Situation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p40
Reports the incoming budget deficit in California. Approval of the budget for the 2003; Increase on the demand of bond; Plan of the government officials on the issue.