Chicago Park District Aims for Savings With $79M Refunding
- Chicago Park District hopes adding to issue will raise future capacity. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p5
Discloses the plans of the Chicago Park District to add $19 million of refunding bonds to its $45 million new-money issue. Efforts to generate up-front savings for future capacity; Creation of future opportunities for borrowing to continue the capital program.
- Park District Settles in Put Option Case. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p1
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) second settlement with an issuer over an advance refunding structure that it claims violates arbitrage restrictions and result in yield burning. Agreement of Chicago Park District in Illinois to make a payment to the IRS and retire some of...
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...
- Chicago Council OKs O'Hare Refunding. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the approval of the Chicago City Council to the third-lien general airport revenue refunding bond issue for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Rate of expected bonds to carry triple-A insurance; Mechanism to restructure its outstanding O'hare debt; Provision of...
- N.J. County Authority Seeks to Refinance Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p36
Reports on the plan of Passaic County Utilities Authority to refinance its solid-waste bonds in Passaic, New Jersey. 2001 debt service payments of the authority; Extension of the bonds; Structure of the bonds issued.
- Optimistic Houston Brings Two Postponed Deals Back to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p1
Reports on the plan of Houston, Texas officials to sell multi-million dollars in airport system subordinate-lien revenue refunding bonds which were postponed after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Expectations of deputy controller Judy Johnson's regarding savings incurred by the...
- Chicago Water District Makes Plans For Refunding Worth Up to $400M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Reports on the plan of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Chicago, Illinois to sell refunding bonds. Tentative structure of the deal; Firms participating in the sales transactions; Sale of new-money bonds.