Hale and Dorr, With Newcomer's Help, to Launch Own Funds
- THE TOP 10 FUNDS OVER FIVE AND THREE YEARS. // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p57
Lists the top ten funds and trusts in Great Britain over five and three years. Unit trusts; Building societies; Fund ratings.
- Fund firms and life offices fear baby bond ban. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p3
Reports on the decision of the Treasury concerning the banning of fund firms and life offices from offering child trust funds in Great Britain. Response of the Investment Management Association; Role of mutual funds in the bonds.
- SAMUEL SMILES. // New Statesman;06/05/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4489, p40
Focuses on some issues in Scotland in June 2000. Failure of the Prince's Trust, public badge of the civic virtue of His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales; Avoidance of Ofex shares by fund managers.
- Decision to Impact Share Classes. LEVAUX, JANET // Research;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the decision of the Ninth District Court for the Central District of California for a court case Tibbie v. Edison International which discusses the obligations of fiduciaries for selecting the plan of mutual-fund.
- Trustees want off the hook. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;4/28/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p17
Reports that New Jersey Teachers Pension and Annuity Fund trustees are seeking to be relieved of the responsibility for the $17 billion-plus fund if there are unable to hire outside lawyers to settle a dispute with Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Factors leading up to the request being made;...
- A great 2009 for unit trust funds. // Finweek;1/28/2010, p53
The article reports on the unit trust's strong financial performance in South Africa in 2009.
- Fidelity selling tech, no choosing safer bets. Gabriel Jr., Frederick P. // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p54
Reports the current status of Fidelity Investments after adapting the now-breached technology wave in Boston, Massachusetts. Impact of technology on Fidelity Investments; Assessment on the autonomy given to Fidelity managers; Purchases made by Fidelity Investments.
- Investments. // Financial Planning;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p17
Presents several investment products. Small Cap Value Fund from Quintara Funds; National Charitable Gift Trust from Thornburg Investment Management; New Era Growth Fund from Fremont Investment Advisors; Principal Protection Fund III from ING Funds.
- It pays to be prepared ahead of time. // Super Review;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the preparation of TWU Super for the implementation of the new choice regime in Australia. Concerns over the implications of the Financial Service Reform Act and APRA licensing; Changes in the administration service of TWU Super; Anticipation for the growth of superannuation funds.