IRS Updates Manual for Tax-Exempt Agents
- IRS audit of recycling plant raises concern on exemptions. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p1
Reports on tax exemption issues in the United States affected by the audit of a recycling plant by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Impact of the audit on the difficulty of issuing tax-exempt bonds to finance future recycling facilities; Complication of exemption matters with the refusal...
- How far does the IRS's 20 percent rule reach? O'Hare, Patrick K. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
Inquires into the extent of the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) `20 percent rule.' Application to all tax exempt integrated healthcare systems; Possible extension on case to case basis; Viewed inconsistency.
- Advisory Committee Issues Report. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p16
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's advisory committee on tax exempt and government entities has posted its reports on the agency's Web site.
- Watchdog: IRS mismanaging some complaints. Becker, Bernie // Hill;7/3/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 84, p10
The article reports that U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is not managing well the complaints about tax exempt groups and it need to focus more on these issues.
- Inflation adjustments for 1994 taxes. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p15
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has adjusted the personal exemptions for taxpayers for 1994.
- Extension for filing exempt-organization returns. // Practical Accountant;Apr94, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the extension of the due dates for filing exempt-organization returns. Delays by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in getting out certain 1993 tax packages; Imposition of interest on tax liability reported.
- Tax compliance by departing aliens. // Practical Accountant;Apr94, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the issuance of final regulations by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that exempt certain alien students, industrial trainees, exchange visitors and their spouses and children from the requirement of obtaining a certificate of compliance with income tax laws before they depart the...
- Intermediate sanctions enhance split dollar. Gallagher, Hill // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/7/97, Vol. 101 Issue 27, p22
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service has a tool that allows them to deal directly with individuals involved in misdeeds without affecting the tax exempt organization. How loss of tax exempt status could affect a hospital or a university; Information on the Internal Revenue Code Section 4958.
- Tax deadline looms for charitable contributions. Alderman, Jason // Ellis County Press;11/17/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p3
The article presents author's comments on the tax-exempt status developed by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for nonprofit organizations in the U.S.