Vikings Pull Pledge; Stadium Talks at Risk
- Report: Jets set stadium bid at $720M. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/25/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p8A
The article reports on the offer of New York Jets team 270 million dollars for rights to build a stadium in West Side, New York City. The football team formed an alliance with six real estate developers to augment their bid. Cablevision Systems countered the bids of the football team for its...
- Chargers Put Forth New Stadium Plan. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the finalization of football team Charger's amended plan to build a football stadium in San Diego, California. Details of the development processes; Benefits of the move for the city's football team; Negotiations between the team and the city officials for the start of the construction.
- Packers, Green Bay Reach Stadium-Naming Pact. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p4
Reports the consideration of the Green Bay, Wisconsin City Council for a stadium naming rights agreement with football team Green Bay Packers. Context of the tentative agreement reached by both parties; Requisite of the state legislation governing renovation plan for the Lambeau Field;...
- Chargers, City Fold Up the Circus Tent. Hollon, John // San Diego Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p39
Comments on the approval by the San Diego City Council of a lease agreement for National Football League team, Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium. Effect of the deal on the lawsuit filed by the city against the Chargers; Benefits of the deal for the team; List of previous conflicts between the city...
- City Makes Compromise Proposal to Chargers. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p28
Reports on the offer of a proposed amendment to the San Diego Charger's lease agreement for Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California. Start of a new negotiation regarding the issue; Significance of the proposal in ending the lawsuit filed by the team against the city; Effort of the team for a...
- FC United of Manchester kicks off tender for stadium. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;6/11/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Football Club United of Manchester to launch an open bidding for designers or architects to design its first sustainable stadium and club facilities in England in 2009. It has already identified a potential site along with a series of unnamed designers on...
- Stadium contract under negotiation. EDWARDS, RON // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;7/18/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 51, p4
The author comments on the decision of the football team Minnesota Vikings to select the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights (MDCR) to monitor hiring compliance of the construction of the stadium for National Football League in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Jets' Dome Home. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p33
Reports on the New York Jets' plans to build a retractable-dome stadium in Manhattan's West Side. Current venue of the football team's home games; Share of the city government in project financing.
- Arizona House Votes to Send Stadium Plan Back to Voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p32
Reports on the proposal of the Arizona House to build a publicly funded stadium for the Arizona Cardinals football team. Budget allocated for the project; Opposition of state senators on the proposal; Delay of stadium bond sale.