Facing Severe Crunch, Philadelphia Mayor Calls for 10% Cut in Workforce
- Cuts could close show for museum workers. Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;4/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p47
During the city's fiscal crises in the mid-1970's, visitors to the Metropolitan Museum of Art were greeted with signs noting which galleries were closed for the day because of city budget cuts.The situation is repeated in 2003 when they are planning to reduce performances and exhibitions, close...
- Philadelphia School District Readies $300 Million Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p3
Reports the plan of the Philadelphia School District to sell deficit bonds. Opinion of the legislature on the special legislation; View of the city officials on the financial problem of the government; Approval of the proposed plan.
- NBC Uni faces $500 mil cut. Bond, Paul; Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;10/20/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the plan of NBC Universal Inc. to implement a $500-million cut on its budget for 2009 in Los Angeles, California. It states that the move was carried out brought by the financial crisis and economic downturn in the country. However, the company announces that it has not...
- Salespeople have questions; Jeffrey has answers. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/10/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 18, p23A
The article presents questions and answers related to business including how to sell to municipalities that have no budget funding, offering a discount in businesses, and advice for employees who have been laid off.
- ARE WE THERE YET? Malekar, Shirish // Siliconindia;Mar2001, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p100
Focuses on the impact of financial crisis on business cycles in the United States. Effects of US recession on Asian countries; Increase in employee dismissal; Influence of recession on business and inventory cycles.
- PolÃticas de recolocaciÃ³n como alternativa de menor coste a la indemnizaciÃ³n por despido. // Capital Humano;Dic2008, Vol. 21 Issue 227, p15
No abstract available.
- NAM cuts 17 staff jobs, anticipates 'tough year'. Snyder, Jim // Hill;12/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 130, p18
The article reports on the plan of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) to cut 17 staff positions in response to the expected tough year in the U.S.
- Ex-Philly Treasurer Says Mayor's Aide Often Chose Underwriters. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p1
The article reports that Folasade Olanipekun, a former city treasurer has testified in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania pay-to-play case yesterday that a top aide to Mayor John Street often chose lead underwriters and bond counsel on large bond transactions. Olanipekun, who was Philadelphia's...
- Philadelphia hires Botary. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;10/19/98, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p27
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania officials' recruitment of Joan Batory as recycling coordinator for the city. Batory's previous posts; First assignment as recycling coordinator; Plan to promote recycling education and outreach in her new role.