FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Report Paints Grim Picture For States. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p1
Focuses on the collective budget shortfalls of states in the U.S. for the 2001 fiscal year. Value of the budget deficits and reasons for it according to a study conducted by the National Governors' Association and the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO); Forecast made by a...
- U.S. ran $5.4 billion deficit in December. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p2
Focuses on the budget deficit of the United States Federal Government in December 1998. Turnaround from December 1997; Social Security benefits payments.
- state's budget crisis define healthcare resources. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2003, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the decision of lawmakers to cut programs in higher education, social services and health care to alleviate the budget crisis in the U.S. Decline in state spending; Implementation of Medicaid cost-control measures; Amount of the budget shortfall.
- U.S. ran $25.2B deficit in July. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p2
Reports that the United States federal government has posted a budget deficit of $25.16 billion last July 1999.
- U.S. Ran $17.1 Billion Deficit in November. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;12/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30545, p2
Focuses on the budget deficit posted by the United States government in November 1998.
- Faced with decreased revenues and economic uncertainty, states must make tough budgetary decisions. Fettig, David // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p1
Reports on economic uncertainty and decrease in revenues faced by states in the United States according to findings of a survey released by the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO). Major findings; Impact of national economy on states; States' approach to solving financial...
- Budget cuts forcing layoffs or reorganization? Take care to spell out justification. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Jan2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the court case Rabun v. Compton Community College which deals with the decision of the community college to reorganize and eliminate jobs to save money.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p27
Presents several news briefs related to the securities industry in the Southwest region of the U.S. as of January 14, 2003. Investment agency in Arizona that is headed towards a possible downgrade; Claims made by Oklahoma City attorney Jerry Fent in a lawsuit challenging a state program;...
- High Court to Face Airport, Census, and Flow Control Cases. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30491, p1
Focuses on lawsuits regarding state and local government finances in the United States Supreme Court as of October 1998. Hearing of `The Census Bureau vs. the House of Representatives' court case on November 30, 1998; Settlement of a dispute between the US Energy Department and the nuclear...