John Hancock Cuts 12b-1 Money Market Service Fees
- Hancock Cuts Fees to Ease Fed Effect on Principal, Returns. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p6
Reports on the decision of John Hancock Funds Inc. to waive its distribution and service fees for share classes of a taxable money market fund. Reasons for decision of the company to waive off distribution and service fees; Date up to which offer by the company is valid; Types of share classes...
- Hancock consolidates its fund prospectuses. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;9/18/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 179, p11
Reports that John Hancock Mutual Funds has rolled out three consolidated prospectuses to cover all of its retail mutual funds.
- Hancock planning to beef up team that markets to banks. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;1/22/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p14
States that John Hancock Funds is expanding its bank wholesalers corps to build its business through the distribution channel. Indication that the company assigned wholesalers to market only financial institutions; Comments from Ted Breen, director of sales in the company's financial...
- John Hancock Site Relaunched With Enhancements. // TechDecisions;Mar2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p6
The article reviews the redesigned Web site of John Hancock Funds which is available at www.jhfunds.com.
- Webcast Replaces Road Show. Pizzani, Lori // On Wall Street;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p32
Reports that John Hancock Funds held its first webcast in May 2001 which replaced an annual road show it conducted for financial advisors. Reason for conducting a webcast; Advantage of webcasting compared to roadshow in terms of cost-saving.
- How to get into index funds in today's toppy market. Updegrave, Walter L. // Money;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p54
Recommends three ways to build a core position in index funds without getting clobbered in a market dip. Use of dollar-cost averaging to invest new money; Vanguard Index 500; Selling shares of underperforming funds; Taking profits in funds that have had huge run-ups.
- Hancock Funds In Push To Reach B-Ds With Insurance Products. King, Carole Ann // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 29, p23
Deals with the reconfiguration of John Hancock Funds' wholesaling and marketing services. Reason behind the move; Statement issued by Rose Cahill, vice president of marketing for John Hancock Funds; Question process used for long-term care insurance applicants.
- John Hancock Signs Up Old Economy. Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;07/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the investment strategy of John Hancock High Yield Bond Fund in the United States. Comments of portfolio manager Arthur Calavritinos on the excess demand in high yield markets; Preference of airline sectors on software companies; Visions of Calavritinos to seek good credits in Old...
- Hancock Ads Tout Its Funds' Ratings. Barney, Lee // American Banker;2/17/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 27, p9
The article discusses an advertising campaign being used by John Hancock Funds which focuses on its investment management proficiency and trusted brand name.