Lawyer: Owner's Ch. 11 Won't Impact Greater Southeast's
- For sale. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;5/5/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p3
Reports the sale of Pine Grove Hospital in Los Angeles, California owned by defunct Doctors Community Healthcare Corp. in May 2003. Other hospitals owned by Doctors Community; Negotiation of Doctors Community with National Century over terms of proposed debtor-in-possession financing; Reason...
- Doctors Community sells creditors on deal. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;11/22/99, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p9
Focuses on the bankruptcy of Doctors Community Healthcare Corporation (DCHC). Founder of DCHC; Details on the deal between DCHC and Greater Southeast Community Hospital in Washington; Hospitals owned by DCHC.
- Spending spree catches up with Doctors Community. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;12/2/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p10
Discusses the financial challenges facing the National Century Financial Enterprises (NCFE) and the Doctors Community Healthcare Corp. in December 2002. Forecasts on the demise of both organizations; Way in which NCFE assisted medical providers; Reason behind the bankruptcy of Doctors Community.
- Linkages. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;07/13/98, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p4
Presents information on some issues concerning hospitals in the United States as of July 1998. Acquisition by Doctors Community Healthcare Corp. on two hospitals in Chicago, Illinois; Alliance of Episcopal Hospital with Temple University Health System, both from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Sale puts D.C. hospital closer to chapter 11. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/12/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30806, p5
Focuses on the sale of the Greater Southeast Community Hospital in Washington, D.C. to Arizona-based Doctors Community Healthcare Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection sought by the facility.
- D.C. hospital talks continue. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p2
Reports on the efforts of Washington D.C.-based Greater Southeast Community Hospital stakeholders to find a buyer for the hospital. Doctors Community Healthcare Corp.'s withdrawal from the purchase talks.
- Trying to hold on. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;9/1/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the plan of Paul Tuft, CEO of bankrupt Scottsdale, Arizona-based Doctors Community Healthcare Corp., to submit a reorganization bid that could decide the fate of the four remaining hospitals of the company. Reason of Doctors Community for filing bankruptcy; Background on its...
- Arizona for-profit says it plans to bid on D.C. General management contract. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;01/15/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the plans of Doctors Community Healthcare Corp. to submit bids to the District of Columbia for a contract to run D.C. General Hospital and its associated neighborhood clinics and school health program. Hospitals owned and operated by Doctors Community; Issuance of a request for...
- Hospital bondholders may get 22 cents on the dollar. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p4
Reports on Washington, D.C.-based Greater Southeast Community Hospital revenue bond holders possible receipt of 22 cents on the dollar. Bankruptcy court's approval of the hospital's sale to Doctors Community Healthcare Corp.; Hospital's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.