NEWS IN BRIEF
- Jobless Claims Down 6,000 to 310,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S.
- IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p2
The article reports on news items concerning the U.S. economy and bond market as of August 18, 2006. U.S. Labor Department data has showed that first-time applications for state unemployment benefits declined 10,000 to 312,000 in the week ended August 12, 2006. The Conference Board reported that...
- Jobless Claims Rise 2,000 to 326,000. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time application for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Up 18,000 to 369,000. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p2
Reports on the increase of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. Decrease in the number of continued benefits; Growth in the unadjusted initial claims; Observation of the largest increase in initial claims in Florida.
- IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p2
The article presents updates related to the U.S. economy. There is an increase in the first-time applications for seasonally adjusted state unemployment insurance. A decline in import price has been detected. The country's trade deficit declined by 5.8 percent. The Department of the Treasury has...
- Market Watch. // Orange County Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p14
Presents graphs and charts depicting market indicators in the U.S. as of September 6, 2004.
- ISM Index at 62.8, Up From 57.0 in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p2
Reports on the Institute for Supply Management's business index in the U.S. for October 2003. Signs of economic expansion.
- Good news and bad news. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/22/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 38, p3
Focuses on the performance of the U.S. economy, based on several economic indicators, as of September 2003. Recommended cash position; Gross domestic product; Profit estimates.
- Jobs on the increase, corporate profits up, business conditions improving. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;6/20/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the performance of key economic indicators in the United States for May 2002. Unemployment rate; Job growth; Corporate profits; Effects of the recession on employment; Retail sales.