IRS Says Illinois Deal Not Exempt
- Recent IRS Ruling Blesses Favorable Financing Technique. Larkins, Richard // Bank Accounting & Finance (08943958);Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on a revenue ruling issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service that reached favorable conclusions regarding the federal income tax treatment of contingent interest convertible debt instruments. Overview of Revenue Ruling 2002-31; Conclusion.
- Traversing a tax-return minefield. Rosman, Janie L. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/22/93, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p17
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers free programs to the public through its education department to help decipher annual returns. Training and certification of volunteers; Small business tax education program for beginners in business; Need for consultation with...
- Annual exercise in frustration: calculating the income tax bill. // Western Farm Press;4/2/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p4
In this article, the author discusses reforms on income tax bill as well as the calculations in the annual income taxes by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Workers not taxed on grp. supp. life. Chandler, Darlene K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/1/96, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the issue of a private letter ruling by the International Revenue Service which looks at the income tax consequences of supplemental group term life insurance coverage. Coverage offered to employees, their spouses and dependents; Details of plan of letter; Information on supplemental...
- International Taxation. Feinschreiber, Robert; Kent, Margaret // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p47
Provides information on the Extraterritorial Income Exclusion form and the instructions for the form for 2000 issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service in February 2001. Details of the foreign economic process requirements based on the form; Implications of the form on industry...
- Excluding Low-Income Clinics as Prepares. // Practical Accountant;Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p19
Reports the exclusion of certain low-income taxpayer clinics qualifying for grants under Section 7526 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Tax Notes. Fones Jr., William H.D. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun78, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p913
Reports on the grounds used by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to tax income from trade shows and public entertainment activities. History of Section 513(d) of the Tax Reform Act of 1976; Definition of trade shows and public entertainment activity in Section 513 (d); Prior law on trade shows...
- What the IRS isn't telling late filers. MacDonald, Elizabeth M. // Money;Jul1993, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has not been vocal in revealing that its computers produce ongoing substitute returns for nonfilers making $100,000 or less, sometimes even after the taxpayer sends in the real return. The problems this causes nonfilers; The case of 70-year-old...
- New team for partnership audits. // Practical Accountant;Aug94, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p15
Reports that the IRS will establish a new team under its Industry Specialization Program for partnership audits.