Roadblock for Highways
- Amtrak has fast ticket for cross-country produce. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);10/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 21, pA17
Reports on Washington State Department of Transportation's Sen. George Sellar Washington Fruit Express program. Description of the program; Funding of the program; Shortage of long-haul trucks and drivers.
- Post Falls, Spokane contractors land $2.6 million in DOT work. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);4/8/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 8, pB6
The article reports on Poe Asphalt Paving Inc. and Frank Gurney Inc., both being contracted for two separate projects by Washington state Department of Transportation.
- Craig Wilbour Retires from WSDOT. Stimberis, John // Avalanche Review;Oct2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p5
The article announces Craig Wilbour's retirement from his position as avalanche control supervisor for the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) on Snoqualmie Pass.
- Washington Affirmed, Taken Off Credit Watch as GO Sale Nears. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p1
Reports the removal of Washington from CreditWatch. Assignment of AA-plus rating in general obligation bonds; Contract of expansion repairs of the Department of Transportation with the Tacoma Narrows Bridge; Selling of bonds secured by motor vehicle sales taxes.
- Degerstrom lands bridge resurfacing. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pB8
Reports the bridge resurfacing contract awarded to Degerstrom Inc., by the Washington state Department of Transportation.
- Passenger rail study unveiled. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);7/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 16, pA1
Reports on the results of a study conducted by the Washington Department of Transportation, which found out that the introduction of daylight passenger rail service in the state is feasible physically and operationally. Minimum amount required for rail infrastructure improvements in the state;...
- DOT still wants to trade property for construction. Strenge, Rob // Journal of Business (10756124);10/11/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 21, pA6
Reports the proposed exchange property for construction services offered by the Washington state Department of Transportation (DOT). Plans of the department to construct a building in Spokane Valley; Location of the DOT property; Reasons behind the DOT trade.
- GETTING BEHIND THE TRANSPORTATION FIX. // Journal of Business (10756124);2/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, pB5
Focuses on a legislative bill aimed to improve the efficiency of the Washington Department of Transportation (WDOT). Efforts of lawmakers to increase revenues; Allocation of funds for the North/South freeway project; Attempts to improve public confidence in the WDOT.
- Putting the Pieces Together. Sunde, Dan // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on the Washington State Department of Transportation's (WSDOT) local agency safety management systems (LASMS). Details on LASMS manual developed by the WSDOT; Components of the LASMS; Types of information necessary for identifying a community's historical, emergent and future safety needs.