- Bond Buyers Benefitting From State Budget Crisis. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the impact of the unresolved budget deficit in California. Collection of higher taxes to the taxpayers; Increase in the yields of general obligation bonds in the state; Reduction in state services spending.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p27
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. Growth of budget deficit of the state of Colorado; Source of funds for the construction of sports arena in Kansas; Impact of budget cuts on job security of teachers in Oklahoma.
- South African Bonds: Which Way Now? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p16
Presents information on the bond market in South Africa as of November 2003. Expected budget deficit for fiscal year April 2003-March 2004; Rise in public spending; Valuation of the rand.
- News in brief. Kruger, Daniel; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30798, p2
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the United States, current as of December 30, 1999. Includes projected budget deficit of Nassau County, New York for the fiscal year 2000; Increase in the composite index of leading economic indicators in November 1999.
- Indy Bond Bank Sets Two Deals, Prices Notes. Devitt, Catlin // Bond Buyer;11/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33009, p4
The article elaborates on the significance of the proposed trading of two issues by the Indianapolis Public Improvement Bond Bank in Indianapolis, Indiana. The institution plan to head to market with two issues after pricing $127 million of notes to cover cash-flow deficits for local government....
- A New Tunis Playing For Bonds. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/23/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p17
Reports on the bond market in Tunisia. Increase in Tunisian debt issuance; Prediction onf decline in budget deficit; Purpose of the debt issuance.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p1
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 23, 2003. Extension of the municipal bond gains; Proposal of Maryland Gov. Robert K. Ehrlich Jr. to use slot machine revenue to close the state's budget gap; Range of prices for California short-term notes.
- Philippines: Long Bonds Outperform. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p5
Focuses on the status of the bond market in the Philippines as of February 14, 2005. Decline of the Philippines U.S. $ Global 08 bond; Efforts of the government to address the problem of fiscal deficit.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31702, p2
Reports on developments related to bond market and economy as of August 20, 2003 in the United States. Resolve of governor of Idaho to focus on long-term health care issues; Budget deficit of federal government in July 2003; Percentage yield and price of four-week bills auctioned by the U.S....