Colorado Governor Orders More 2003 Cuts, Offers Smaller 2004 Budget
- DEAL IN DENVER. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the measure taken to solve the deficit in the employee pension fund in Colorado. Solutions agreed upon by public employee unions according to state Senator Dave Owen, such as the delay in the cost-of-living raises and increase in the minimum retirement age; Proposals of governor Bill...
- Deficit Blues. // Commonweal;6/3/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p5
Presents views on the budget deficit incurred by the U.S. government. Pledge of U.S. President George W. Bush to reduce the deficit during his presidential campaign; Action taken by Colorado Governor Bill Owens to address the growing deficit of the state; Cause of the budget deficit.
- Colorado's Economy Continues to Feel TABOR Pressures. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p3
Reports that Colorado officials are considering remedies to bridge projected budget gaps for the next two years, following the release of quarterly budget forecasts by state finance analysts. Call of Governor Bill Owens for finance officials to begin compiling a list of state buildings that...
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.
- Analysts Decry Officials' Inaction in Face of Connecticut's Growing Deficit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p27
Reports on financial analysts' criticism of Connecticut state officials for failing to tackle the state's growing fiscal deficit as of January 2003. Increase in the projected deficit for the state's 2003 budget; Inability of the state legislature to work out a solution to reduce the deficit;...
- A Mile-High Budget Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the shortfall in the fiscal year 2004 budget of Colorado. Factors contributing to the deficit; Total revenues to be generated by the state as of 2003; Impact of the revenue to be generated on the state's General Assembly.
- ILLINOIS: Cook's Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on measures taken to eliminate budget deficits in the fiscal year 2002 by the officials of Cook County, Illinois. Introduction of budget by the government for 2002; Provisions of the budget.
- Prince George's Deficit. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p39
Reports on the announcement of a budget shortfall for the fiscal year by budget officials in Prince George's County, Maryland on October 30, 2001. Projected revenue collections for 2001; Reason behind the shortfall.