Texas School District to Sell Bonds to Thwart Robin Hood
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p31
Reports developments related to bonds as of April 2002 in the U.S. Budget deficit under the administration of governor George Ryan in Illinois; Move of school activists and Parent Teachers Association to approve school bond issues in Missouri; Plans of mayor Michael Coleman to introduce a...
- Bonds on the Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p1
Reports that California voters will decide in March 2004 the fate of more than $36 billion in bond proposals. Proposition 55, which is a $12.3 billion school bond measure; Proposition 57 which is a 15$ billion deficit bond issue and is promoted by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Two proposals...
- Detroit Schools Focusing on Budget and Board, Not Bonding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p4
Reports on the management of the budget deficit by the administrators overseeing the bond-funded capital program of the Detroit Public Schools in Michigan. Allocation of budget for the infrastructure program; Amount of the cumulative budget shortfall; Reduction of the district's state revenue...
- Calif. Voters OK Governor's Crisis Package. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p18
California residents approved a $12.3 billion bond for school construction by the slightest of margins last week, showing signs of wariness toward more debt in the financially shell-shocked state. But voters gave Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger a sign of their confidence in his leadership by...
- Michigan School District Exits Emergency Management. Colomer, Nora // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Michigan's Muskegon Heights School District is ready to transition out of emergency management after shaving nearly $10 million of its deficit in the four years since it's been under state oversight.
- Cranbrook EC, Mich., Cut to Aa3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p2
Reports that the U.S. rating firm Moody's Investors Service has downgraded its rating on Cranbrook Educational Community's bonds which were issued through the Oakland County, Michigan Economic Development Authority. Operating deficits of the educational facility.
- Fairfax School Vote Looms. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;10/29/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33208, p9
The article reports on the general election to decide whether to approve the bond referendum for the public school system in Fairfax County, Virginia. It is stated that a budget deficit of 176 million dollars is expected by the public school system. According to Governor Tim Kaine, the qualified...
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.