Allina Health Deal Ready to Price as Management Prepares for Change
- Hospital system encourages flood volunteers. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on the plan of Allina Health System to offer its employees paid time off to volunteer for flood-relief duty in several Minnesota communities.
- Not together yet. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;2/17/97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p30
Looks at the progress made by Allina Health System during its first three years in the health care arena. Allina's profit margin in 1996; How the company plans to satisfy enrollees' demand for a broader choice of providers; Impact of the merger of the hospital chain with its health plan; How...
- Twin Cities systems drop partnership plan. // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p17
Presents information on the calling of of a merger between Allina Health Systems and HealthEast. Reason for the failed merger plans; Details on St. Joseph's hospital in Minnesota.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Allina Health Systems has purchased Lawson's procurement process suite and Insight financial software for its facilities.
- A new way to approach community concerns. Ehlen, K. James // AHA News;10/2/95, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p6
Opinion. Comments on the community-based program of the Allina Health System. Significance of listening to what the people need; Creation of community-based activities to address root causes of poor health.
- System pioneer shrinks. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p28
Reports on the decision of Allina Health System to sell one of its hospitals in Long Prairie, Minnesota. Buyer of the hospital; Reason for selling the hospital; Price of the hospital.
- Allina looks to open up the party. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;11/29/99, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p60
Discusses how Allina Health System is gearing up for the start of Minnesota's legislative session in February 2000. Plans of Allina to get a bill passed to change the process for hospitals to seek exemptions on moratorium; Reason Allina needed an exemption; Why St. Cloud, Minnesota is a...
- Allina changes tune in new-hospital bid. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;07/12/99, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p16
Details the plans of Allina Health System to build a hospital outside St. Cloud, Minnesota. Advantages of hospital competition in relation to hospital prices; Moratorium on adding new hospitals in Minnesota; Information on the consumer survey of Allina; Advantages of hospital mergers; Total...
- Facing community health challenges. Ehlen, K. James; Sprenger, Gordon // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the strategy of Allina Health System in solving tobacco-related health problems in the United States. Target areas for the development of tobacco intervention model for health improvement; Roles of health institution in the tobacco intervention model; Recommendations for the future...