- IRS Audit of Wayne County Jail Debt Seen as Credit Negative. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2015, p1
Wayne County, Mich.'s disclosure that the IRS is auditing $200 million of bonds is a credit negative, because the cash-strapped county could have a hard time covering the costs of the federal interest subsidy if is lost, Moody's Investors Service said Friday.
- Texas County Plans November Bond Question for New Jail. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p40
The article reports on the plan of Bandera County, Texas to ask voters to approve an $11.4 million bond issue for the construction of a jail. County Commissioner Doug King explains that the proposed facility will function as a complete justice center and courtroom. The bond package include $9...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Higginbotham, Stacey; Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31034, p35
Provides updates on the bond-related activities in the Northeastern States as of December 2000. Contribution of Natwar M. Gandhi to the District of Columbia and to the accounting profession; Construction of the New York County jail; Improvement of the long-term debt rating of Vassar College.
- MISSISSIPPI: Jail Bond Causes Stir. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/23/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32988, p9
The article reports on the plan of Jackson County, Mississippi to seek voter approval to issue $22 million on general obligation (GO) bonds for a new jail. However, the opponents disagree about the location of the new jail, which is in the prominent area of the city. It states that the new jail...
- Voters OK Tax Hike to Build New Jail for Izard County, Ark. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p3
Reports that county voters in Izard County, Arkansas approved a temporary sales tax to back bonds that will finance construction of a jail. Bond authorization; Jail and prison bond sales from 1991 to 2000.
- Budget fears force design revamp for Wayne jail. PINHO, KIRK // Crain's Detroit Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p0003
The article reports on the construction of the Wayne County Consolidated Jail in Michigan that has slowed as cost overruns have forced design firms back to the drawing board to find a way to stay within the project's 220 million U.S. dollar budget. The Wayne County Commission had approved the...
- Final schematic approved for Burnet County Jail. Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/2/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p1A
The article reports that the board of the Burnet County Public Facility Corp. has approved the final schematic design for the new Burnet County Jail in Texas.
- Out of sight, out of mind. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/12/94, Vol. 233 Issue 11, p18
Reports on Marin County, California's jail construction project. Construction cost of the county jail; Reasons for the project's success; Design of the jail; Residents' opposition to the project due to its proximity to the Civic Center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- New jail to go to Bosque voters. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the decision of Bosque County Commissioner's Court to let voters decide whether to fund a new jail to replace the current facility in Texas.