Colorado's Revenue Estimates Take $252 Million Hit
- HONG KONG: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
The article offers news briefs related to Hong Kong. The election for the Legislative Council (LegCo) of Hong Kong took place on September 7, 2008. Hong Kong's government found out a budget deficit of HKD10.8bn in June 2008 due to major revenue items like salaries and profits taxes. The...
- A fiscal reality check is upon Indianapolis. Rivera, Angel M. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/24/2012 Super Bowl, p12B
The article reflects the author's view that a fiscal reality check is upon Indianapolis, Indiana. It states that as the new council looks forward to the future, it must make hard choices on how to fund its government employees. It discusses the tough job of the new Indianapolis City-County...
- Rhode Island Group Join Together On Education Issues. // Education Week;12/5/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the school fund proposal raised by the education and business organizations in Rhode Island. The proposal calls state legislature to increase school fund from 38 percent to 50 percent. According to Walter Constantine, president of the Rhode Island Association of School...
- Budget, regulations, population shifts top TFB legislative concerns. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;10/18/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p1
The article offers information on the problems associated with legislative of Texas Farm Bureau, U.S. It mentions that the state budget will seek lot of attention from Texas state legislators when they assemble for the 83 Legislative Session to be held at Texas in January 2013. According to...
- Remarks to the Democratic Business Council. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/11/97, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p1211
Presents the remarks of US President Bill Clinton on August 7, 1997 at the meeting of the Democratic Business Council. Insights on presidential decision-making; Opinion of the national economy's progress; Need to restore economic discipline in the country; Position of his administration on...
- Listening to members helps Nebraska council target programs. Paterson, Walt // Farmer Cooperatives;Mar1995, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p20
Features the Nebraska Cooperative Council. Membership base; Emphasis on governmental affairs programs; Priority on educational programs for directors, managers and employees; Provision of information on a variety of issues affecting cooperatives, agriculture and business.
- VIEWPOINT. HAYES, ELTON J. // Washington Informer;11/15/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p7
The article discusses the impact of the members of the legislative council of Washington D.C. on residents.
- American Legislative Exchange Council. Rubin, Steve // Human Events;7/26/96, Vol. 52 Issue 28, p16
Profiles the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a Washington, D.C.-based organization that has been considered the national intellectual leader of the conservative movement in the state legislatures. History of the council; Success of ALEC in pushing for tort reform and school...
- Brum's new guidelines. // Building Design;11/29/2002, Issue 1558, p5
Reports on the guidelines drawn up by the Birmingham City Council for the design and location of tall buildings in Birmingham, England.