Arizona Corporation Commission Gets New Members But No New Money
- Arizona Commission Steps Back from Deregulation Rules. // Energy User News;Oct2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p6
Reports on issues related to the course of deregulation by the Arizona Corporation Commission in Phoenix, Arizona. Review of the electric competition in light of the changes in the marketplace; Components of deregulation; Role of the federal government in constructing a wholesale market.
- Prop. 103 seeks to expand ACC. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on Proposition 103, a measure included in the November 7, 2000, ballot in Tucson, Arizona, that would increase the number of commissioners on the Corporation Commission from three to five. Additional provision to change a commissioner's term limit; Responsibilities of the Corporate...
- Spitzer touts teamwork of new ACC. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18
Reports on the issues relating to the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC). Effort of commissioner Marc Spitzer to effect cooperation inside the organization; Assistance of the ACC to the Salt River Project; Motion of the ACC concerning the exploitation of electric companies.
- SCUTTLEBUTT. // Inside Tucson Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18
Reports the venture capital funding anomalies in Arizona. Involvement of Phoenix-area men in an investment scam; Order of the Arizona Corporation Commission to the Arizona Calumet; Effort of the flagstaff scientist in experimenting chilies to mice and birds.
- Early signs encouraging at ACC. // Inside Tucson Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18
Editorial. Comments on the issues relating to the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC). Appointment of Bill Mundell and Marc Spitzer as ACC commissioners; Consideration by the ACC of the Southwest Gas' rate increase request; Decision of ACC on electric deregulation, telecommunications...
- Mundell still seeks improvements for ACC. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p12
Profiles Arizona Corporation Commission Chairman Bill Mundell in Tucson, Arizona. Career background; Achievements and attainments; Commitment of Mundell to serve and protect the public.
- Electric utilities try to apply brakes to ACC plan to initiate competition. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;9/23/96, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p1
Reports that the Arizona Corporation Commission is driving full speed ahead to open the roadway for retail electric competition by the end of 1996. Rapid-fire criticism from investor-owned utilities; Phasing in of competition for the next six years by Arizona utilities; Support for possible...
- Arizona agency debates stranded costs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;12/11/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30538, p3
Reports that the Arizona Corporation Commission has continued debating final rules for how investor-owned utilities will be able to compete for electricity customers. Calculation of stranded costs.
- State Corp. Commission's solar decision could shape national debate. // Inside Tucson Business;11/1/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p17
The article reports that the Arizona Corporation Commission will gather in Phoenix, Arizona to take a decision that will shape a national debate on solar power.