Defeat of Rep. Connie Morella Leaves Chairmanship of D.C. Panel Unclear
- GOP's 'don't-call-me-a-maverick' maverick. Russell Chaddock, Gail // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 187, p3
Profiles Republican congresswoman Connie Morella of Maryland, and reasons why Republican leadership cannot afford to lose her seat in the House.
- Morella May Get Nod to Chair House Subcommittee Today. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p5
Reports that Representative Connie Morella is the leading candidate to become the next chairwoman of the United States House of Representatives' District of Columbia subcommittee. Duties and responsibilities of Morella if she gets elected to the position; Efforts to promote the influx of...
- Panel Head: New Monitoring Body May Be Needed to Oversee D.C.'s Affairs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p44
Reports that United States House Government Reform Committee chairman Connie A. Morella has encouraged the U.S. Congress to create another body to monitor fiscal affairs in Washington, D.C. Need for the U.S. Congress to keep an eye on the district's government handling of fiscal matters after...
- Central Casting. Crowley, Michael // New Republic;05/14/2001, Vol. 224 Issue 20, p16
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush's $1.6 trillion tax cut passed in the House without a single dissenting Republican vote. Criticism of Bush's tax plan by Republican moderate Connie Morella, who voted in it's favor later; Statement of House moderates that they voted for the plan because...
- FORMER CONGRESSWOMAN REVEALS HAT TRICK. Kurtz, Judy // Hill;5/8/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 56, p35
The article reports that former Maryland Representative Connie Morella offers some advices on how to choose the perfect headwear, wherein she notes that the outfit should be planned according to the hat.
- Bush to Nominate Former Congresswoman Morella to OECD. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31676, p4
Focuses on the announcement made by U.S. President George W. Bush to nominate Connie A. Morella, former Republican congresswomen from Maryland, to become an ambassador and U.S. representative to Paris-France-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Political career of...
- Lawmaker presses for 3G answers. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
States that, chairwoman of the House Science subcommittee on technology, Connie Morella wants the Clinton administration to help prevent Europeans from unfairing United States companies in the international standards-setting process for third-generation wireless communications. Details on a...
- CAREER PATHS: HOW THEY GOT WHERE THEY ARE. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
Features Connie Morella, Republican Member of Congress for the eighth district of Maryland and Jim Matheson, Democrat Member of Congress for the second district of Utah. Political careers; Educational background.
- The House of Representatives--state by state. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p221
Lists the number of representatives per state that are in the United States House of Representatives.