Hawaii Readies $300 Million in GOs Amid Tourism Rebound
- Rebounding Honolulu Ready to Sell $150 Million in GOs Tuesday. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p3
Reports the sale of the state general obligation bonds in Honolulu, Hawaii. Implications of the sale for the rebounding economy; Uses of the sale proceeds; Impact of the recession in California and the United States continental to the economy of the state.
- Hawaii. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p25S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Hawaii. Issuance of general obligation bonds to fund capital improvements; Attention to proposed special purpose revenue bond deals; Needs for water infrastructure; State and state authorities general use of proceeds; Priorities in private activities;...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p35
Provides bond-related updates in the United States as of January 2001. Factors hindering the proposed secession of the San Fernando Valley and San Pedro harbor regions in California; Economic recovery of the state of Hawaii; Reason for the planned increase of power rates by the Idaho Power Corp.
- East, West recessions pinch Hawaii's economy. Nichols, Don // Restaurant Business;4/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p44
Reports on the continuing slump in tourism being experienced by Hawaii. Effect on the hotel and restaurant industry; Recession and slow recovery of the country's economy; Air-fare wars; Focus on affordability by the visitors bureau; Competition from Mexico; Focus on local customers.
- Hawaii: What went wrong? Rowe, Megan // Lodging Hospitality;Mar96, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the effect of the Persian Gulf War, economy and decrease property values to the Hawaiian hotel industry. Dependence on Japanese travelers; Hurdles needed to be overcome by Hawaii; Transition in hotel industry; Comments by Terrence Fowler, general manager at Waikiki Beachcomber, and...
- Looking to Get Beyond the Tourism Trap. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p71A
Focuses on the economic condition of Hawaii in the fiscal year 2002. Share of the tourism industry in the state's economy; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the economy of the state; Sale of general obligation and revenue bonds as proposed by the governor Ben Cayetano; Rating...
- Paradise lost? Chun, Janean // Entrepreneur;Feb1998, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p13
Presents information on the Hawaiian economy and its impact on entrepreneurs there. Circumstances surrounding the situation; Detailed information on the economic state; Comments from Sam Slom, president, Small Business Hawaii.
- Down and out in Waikiki. Ito, Timothy M. // U.S. News & World Report;10/13/97, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p46
Focuses on economic conditions in Hawaii as of October 1997. The signs that Hawaii is in the middle of a slump while most of the United States booms; The stagnant economy since 1991; The departure of Hawaiians who are frustrated with the economy; Background on how Hawaii got into an economic slump.
- Hawaii: Shark Fin Central. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan99, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p58
Reports on shark finning in Hawaii. Disposal of hundred of thousands of finless sharks; Banning of finning in federal waters of the Atlantic Ocean; Increase of finning from 1991 to 1996.