Oxley: High Bar Set For Finding Pitt's Successor
- PITT APPOINTED SEC CHAIR. // Internal Auditor;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the appointment of securities lawyer Harvey L. Pitt as chairman of the United States (U.S.) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on August 3, 2001. What Pitt told during his confirmation hearing at the U.S. Senate Banking Committee; Goals of Pitt; Annual salary he earned before...
- Harvey Pitt keeps mum on private practice plan. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p7
Reports on speculations about the future career plans of Harvey Pitt, the resigned chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Career as a lawyer; Resignation of Pitt following a storm of criticism.
- The SEC's New Pitt Bull. Wexler, Sanford // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p30
Profiles Harvey L. Pitt, designated chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission of U.S. President George W. Bush. Educational and professional background; Involvement of Pitt in SEC; Views of Pitt on SEC rulemaking; Industry's reaction to the appointment of Pitt in the...
- It's time for him to go. Birnbaum, Jeffrey H.; Kosow, Andrew // Fortune;10/28/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p99
Criticizes Harvey Pitt, chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). His decision to withdraw support of John Biggs as the head of a board to oversee the accounting profession; Calls for his resignation by Democrats; How he has not signaled to investors that the SEC is serious...
- Planners Ponder Post-Pitt. Kulikowski, Laurie // Financial Planning;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the possible replacement of former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Harvey Pitt. List of potential replacements; Characteristics of an SEC chairman; Factors that led to the resignation of Pitt.
- Doesn't Anyone Want the Job? // Traders Magazine;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 182, p12
Deals with the candidates that will succeed Arthur Levitt as chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Career background of Harvey Pitt, leading candidate for the position; Other candidates.
- It's not too late for SEC's Pitt. Dobbs, Lou // Caribbean Business;10/17/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p26
Comments on the decision of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey Pitt to waver his decision on the proposed separation of equity research from investment banking. Reason for his decision; Criticisms of Pitt's appointment; Controversy on Pitt's alleged support for John Biggs...
- Senate Confirms Pitt as SEC Chairman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p4
Reports the confirmation of Harvey Pitt as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate in the United States.
- Who Said He's Gone? Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 205, p10
Reports that Harvey Pitt, chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), can still wield influence months after his announced resignation. Need to ensure smooth transfer of leadership; Presiding and voting at SEC meetings.