As Wisconsin Gap Grows, Governor-Elect Eyes Cuts, Not Taxes
- Wisconsin Governor Orders Measures To Begin Shrinking Record $5.4B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p8
The article reports on the measures ordered by Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle following a projected $5.4 billion deficit for the state. Doyle has ordered a new round of cutting and a hiring slowdown to begin chipping away at a record huge deficit that is expected through the next two-year budget...
- Wisconsin Lawmakers Called to Special Budget Session. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p5
Reports on the special budget session of Wisconsin lawmakers, called by state governor Jim Doyle to enact reductions after fiscal forecasters issued estimates that doubled the projected deficit in the current budget. Difficulties faced by the state in generating revenues; Voting by lawmakers on...
- Wisconsin's Deficit Could Be as High as $3B, Republicans Say. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/23/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33421, p4
The article reports on the estimate of the budget deficit in Wisconsin based on the data provided by outgoing Governor Jim Doyle.
- Wisconsin Officials Announce Proposals to Reduce Deficit by $700M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/12/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p7
The article reports on the measures announced by Governor Jim Doyle and legislative leaders in Wisconsin to cut about $700 million from the state's $5.7 billion budget deficit. Under the plan, the state will cut $125 million in spending. The plan also pre-authorizes the use of about $300 million...
- Stable Spending Sought. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31896, p35
Reports that Wisconsin governor Jim Doyle asked state agency heads to hold their overall spending requests in the next fiscal biennium to current levels. Plans to cut non-federally funded appropriations; Revenue forecasts for the state; Budget deficit.
- State budget deficit: Practice makes perfect. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;May2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p19
This article presents information on the budget deficit of Wisconsin. The state's Legislative Fiscal Bureau is forecasting a shortfall of $650 million for its two-year budget which runs through mid-2009. Two court rulings involving the state may affect the state's deficit. The deficit has been...
- Wis. ups spending to promote tourism. // Marketing News;3/1/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the increase by Wisconsin of its tourism spending until 2007 proposed by Governor Jim Doyle for the promotion of the state as a tourist destination. New tourism slogan adopted by the state; Budget deficit faced by the state through June 2007.
- WISCONSIN: Red Ink Spreading. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33055, p9
The article reports on another $346 million budget deficit added by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau, which add up the figure in the current and next biennium to $5.75 billion in Wisconsin. According to state Governor Jim Doyle, the state is facing a budget gap that had been estimated at $5.4...
- WISCONSIN. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Jul2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p11
The article provides information on various developments in the state of Wisconsin. In May 2009, Governor Jim Doyle signed a legislation which prohibits smoking in indoor establishments including offices, bars and restaurants. The state budget deficit of 6.6 billion U.S. dollars declared in the...