- Illinois Plans Debt for Toll Overhaul. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p1
Reports that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority would issue 2.8 billion dollars of toll-backed revenue bonds to finance a 5.3 billion dollars, ten-year overhaul of the 274-mile system unveiled by Governor Rod Blagojevich. Plan for the authority to raise tolls for some motorists to...
- Illinois Governor Proposes FY 2008 Budget With $16B of Pension GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32581, p6
The reports on the proposed budget plan of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to issue $16 billion of taxable general obligation pension bonds. The plan will help reduce the state's $46 billion unfunded pension liability. The Governor will also revised his proposal to lease the Illinois Lottery...
- Illinois Toll Agency OKs $1B; Team and Timing Still Up in the Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/4/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32642, p6
The article reports on the statement of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority spokeswoman Joelle McGinnis that the authority has authorized the refunding of up to $1 billion of outstanding debt, but officials have not yet settled on a finance team or the timing or number of sales. The agency...
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/3/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30761, p31
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the Middle West, current as of November 3, 1999. Includes appointment of Thomas Cuculich as executive director at the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority; Cuyahoga County, Ohio's plan to sell adjustable-rate demand health facilities...
- As More Supply Prices, Munis Stay Strong. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;11/18/2015, p1
Municipal bonds finished Wednesday's session stronger by as much as four basis points, according to traders, even as a second wave of new issues hit the market. In the primary, Ramirez repriced the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's $400 million deal to lower yields from five to seven basis...
- Blagojevich fires back -- misspellings and all. Wilson, Reid // Hill;9/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 98, p19
The article reports on the claim of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich that Democratic leaders in Washington did not want him to choose among the African-American candidates who were interested in filling U.S. President Barack Obama's Senate seat.
- Judge refuses to nullify Blagojevich conviction. Livingston, Lisette // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;11/3/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p17
The article reports on the refusal of the judge in Chicago, Illinois to nullify a motion for the sole conviction of Rod Blagojevich.
- Blagojevich no longer governor. // Windy City Times;2/4/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p5
The article announces the decision by the Illinois Senate in January 2009 to remove Rod Blagojevich as governor.
- WHAT'S NEXT FOR BLAGO? Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;8/23/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the notoriety being the most bankable asset for other career options for the convicted ex-governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich.