Oklahoma Finds Money for Jailers, But Not for Teachers, Other Agencies
- Arizona Special Session on Prison Funding Will Likely Be Contentious. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p28
Reports on the opening of a special session on prison funding by the state legislature in the U.S. Coverage of the session; Total population of the prisoners; Problems encountered in the prison.
- Arkansas: Corrections Tension. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p29
Focuses on concerns of Arkansas state prison system and county jail officials regarding expected reductions in budget for the fiscal 2002. Possible financial crisis faced by the state's prison administration; Three-tier funding system followed in Arkansas; Reasons for the introduction of budget...
- Most of Gov. Quinn's measures survive veto session. Dunn, Jamey // Illinois Issues;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p8
The article presents information on the Pat Quinn, Governor of Illinois, who presented the bill in the legislative assembly with budget cuts clearing the way for the closures of state prisons. It informs that the legislators in support of keeping the prisons open wanted a chance to argue their...
- 'We're Ready To Pounce' Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/20/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p3
Reports on the significance to office furniture manufacturers of a budget bill that removes the market control held by Federal Prison Industries (FPI) Inc. in the U.S. Provisions of the bill; Number of inmates employed by FPI; Sales performance of FPI in 2003.
- THE IMPACT OF CALIFORNIA BUDGET DEFICITS ON THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM: EVIDENCE AND RECOMMENDATIONS. // Global Journal of Business Research (GJBR);2010, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p125
No abstract available.
- LEGISLATION/SOCIAL POLICY: State Legislative Update. Milsk, Phil // Social Work Networker;Feb2010, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p19
The article provides information on the 2010 Spring Legislative session. It states that the attention of the legislature focuses on fiscal concerns, such as the 13 billion dollar deficit for fiscal year 2011 and the possible closure of threatened social services providers. It also mentions the...
- Arizona Caught Between Budget Crunch and Overflowing Jails. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p3
Reports the budget crisis and overflowing jails in Arizona. Plans of state officials to relocate inmates at the Maricopa County jail; Conditions related to the relocation of inmates; Scarcity of prison staff in the state.
- SAVE EX-INMATE PROGRAMS. // Tennessee Tribune;2/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p4
The article presents the author's call concerning the planned budget cuts to ex-offender re-entry programs that are intended to help those who are at risk for returning to prison in the U.S., citing the report by the Institute for Research on Poverty on using job placement programs to cut the...
- Mississippi Cutbacks Force More Schools To Rebind Textbooks. // Education Week;6/8/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 37, p3
The article reports on the funding cut by the 1983 Mississippi legislature that will force school districts of the state to send more textbooks to state prisons for rebinding. The number of textbooks that are to be rebounded is expected to increase compared to the rebounded books from previous...