S&P Puts Embattled Colorado District on CreditWatch
- Central Unified School District Receives 'A' Credit Rating. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/12/98, Issue 322367, p9
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s issuance of an `A' credit rating to Central Unified School District in Fresno, California. Growth rate of student enrollment in the district; Growth of the district's tax base; Estimated fiscal 1998 ending general fund balance.
- Citing Big Deficit, S&P Lowers Rating For 'Utopian' Texas School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31122, p4
Reports the reduction of the rating on the outstanding general obligation debt of the Independent School District by Standard & Poor's in Dallas, Texas. Reason for the reduction of the credit rating; Measures of implemented by the school administration to reduce expenditures; Reorganization of...
- S&P Boosts Colo.'s St. Vrain Schools 2 Notches for Fiscal Recovery. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p36
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. raised the credit rating of the St. Vrain Valley School District RE-1J two notches to A-minus from BBB in Colorado. According to the agency, the reason for the upgrade is the management's successful implementation of a financial recovery plan that...
- Horry County, S.C., School Raised to AA-Minus by S&P. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p6
The article announces that Standard & Poor's has upgraded South Carolina's Horry County School District to AA-minus from A-plus. The district plans a $125 million general obligation issue in late August 2006. The upgrade is the outcome of the district's willingness to continue to improve and...
- S&P Rates Selma Unified School District, CA G.O. Bonds 'A-'. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/12/98, Issue 322367, p15
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has assigned single-`A'-minus rating to Selma Unified School District in California's general obligation refunding bonds. Implications of the rating; Growth of the district's assessed value; Overall net debt burden; Unreserved general fund balance in 1997.
- Floresville ISD, Tex., Raised to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p2
The article reports on the credit rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general obligation debt of Independent School District of Floresville, Texas. Standard & Poor's had raised the school district's general obligation debt to A from BBB-plus seeing that the outlook is stable. They...
- See Willow Run. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p31
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has withdrawn its BBB issuer credit rating for Willow Run Community School District at the request of the issuer in Michigan. The agency confirmed its AA rating for debt that the district issued through the Michigan State School Bond Loan Program.
- Berkeley Schools Stable. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to revise its outlook for Berkeley Unified School District to stable from negative. Reasons why the credit agency revised its outlook; Affirmation of the agency's underlying A rating on the district's outstanding general obligation debt.
- Richland School GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32155, p39
The article reports that Richland County School District No. 1 is selling about $63 million of general obligation refunding bonds today, one day after Standard & Poor's upgraded its underlying rating to AA-minus from A-plus. Moody's Investors Service Inc. rates the district's outstanding debt...